ACN Latitudes Forums
  • Trigger-Book-Horizontal-png

Sign in to follow this  
lmcgill

8 year old boy with transient tics

Update:

I finally have an appointment with a Naturapath Dr today. When I first called the Dr I am taking my son too asked some good questions. She also wants me to bring in the current supp. he is taking. I am going to ask for a in depth alergy test as well as heavy metal. Any other tests that I should ask for?

Thanks in advance

Hi Lenny, we also got the urinalysis for amino acids and stool analysis for yeast and a hair mineral analysis. Maybe I'll give you a buzz later, around 3 our time.

Today he has been blinking bad, big hard ones. I can think of perhaps two things, the alergy medicine or he had Little Ceasers Pizza for lunch yesterday. No twitching, just the eye blinking. What does anyone think?

Lenny,

What kind of allergy medicine? Why do you give that and what is he allergic to? Have you done any tests with the naturo yet? what were her/his recommendations? Will they do any allergy/food sensitivity testing?

Did you start giving the taurine yet? sorry so many questions, I just like to know specifics. Hope things settle soon.

Faith

Lenny,

What kind of allergy medicine? Why do you give that and what is he allergic to? Have you done any tests with the naturo yet? what were her/his recommendations? Will they do any allergy/food sensitivity testing?

Did you start giving the taurine yet? sorry so many questions, I just like to know specifics. Hope things settle soon.

Faith

I am still waiting his tests, probably next week. If you see my earlier post it mentions the type of allergy product, I can't remeber right now. Just dissapointing for me, he has been doing good for a long time. His blinking was severe today. Sunshine sent me a PM that said the little ceasers pizza was high in gluten and maybe had MSG. I gave him a epson salts bath tonight so maybe tomorrow will be better. I just hope it doesn't turn into twitches. I also stopped the allergy pills this morning.

Lenny

Lenny,

Faith

I am still waiting his tests, probably next week. If you see my earlier post it mentions the type of allergy product, I can't remeber right now. Just dissapointing for me, he has been doing good for a long time. His blinking was severe today. Sunshine sent me a PM that said the little ceasers pizza was high in gluten and maybe had MSG. I gave him a epson salts bath tonight so maybe tomorrow will be better. I just hope it doesn't turn into twitches. I also stopped the allergy pills this morning.

Lenny

Lenny,

My son has high IgG antibodies to gluten,wheat and casein. We knew this before he started having tics but always found the elimination diet extremely hard and never felt there was a big enough reason to go gf/cf.

Now that he has the blinking tic, we have cleaned out our pantry and started replacing our diets to a more gf/cf. It's hard and were not 100% all the time yet, but I have to admit, that since we've removed the offenders, his blinking has went from 95% of the time to 5% of the time. *knock on wood* not to jinx it.

I would definitely try to do a elimination diet if I were you. It seems like I remember reading a few of your posts with you saying the tics got worse after your ds had pizza or milk. Those could definitely be making it worse.

Just my humble opinion!

Faith

Lenny

Lenny,

My son has high IgG antibodies to gluten,wheat and casein. We knew this before he started having tics but always found the elimination diet extremely hard and never felt there was a big enough reason to go gf/cf.

Now that he has the blinking tic, we have cleaned out our pantry and started replacing our diets to a more gf/cf. It's hard and were not 100% all the time yet, but I have to admit, that since we've removed the offenders, his blinking has went from 95% of the time to 5% of the time. *knock on wood* not to jinx it.

I would definitely try to do a elimination diet if I were you. It seems like I remember reading a few of your posts with you saying the tics got worse after your ds had pizza or milk. Those could definitely be making it worse.

Just my humble opinion!

He is still doing the blinking bad today. Do you know how long the body needs to get back in line? I can't remember.

Lenny,

I never gave my son food out for almost a year. We decided to give him a Burger King burger (no fries) and he had no problem. He also eats at Subway with no problem. Have not tried pizza yet.

If they have MSG my son didn't react.

Last year when he was at his worse it seemed he reacted to, FOOD PERIOD!!

Good luck I hope this does not last too long.

C.P.