ACN Latitudes Forums

Hyper? Manic? which pill is doing this?

Thanks. He had a yeast issue and is taking Diflucan (he smells sooo much better, despit showering issues). I think the head hitting is a frustration reaction (it has been in the past), because it seems to happen only when he is trying to concentrate/figure something out on sketchup or trying to fall asleep...I'm assuming that he has racing thoughts and that delays sleep. He was never one to talk about his OCD at all, maybe a hint here or there, but nothing to revealing...that said he is very chatty on anything else.

I will wait until next week, but am tempted, after my appointment, to see if it's the Luvox and that now that many of his infection #s seem to be dfeclining that the possible SSRI activation is more obvious.

Overall he seems to be better. He is moving around off the couch more. Micomanaging his younger siblings' lives more...telling them what to pack for school trips, how much money to bring, what to write in research papers, etc. Of course he still cannot take off his decaying socks, leave the house, etc. He still only has a BM on Wednesday nights and Saturday evenings too.

Waiting for Cunnuigham panel, wondering if that will give us better ideas : P

Waiting and waiting and waiting is the worst part of this disease!

T.Anna

Ordered my kit from 23andme today. He was awake earlier today. But while we were hanging out he was annoyed with something that wasn't working on the ipad and first smacked the ipad and then himself. When I looked at him he said "don't judge me!"....I hate this : (

T.Anna

Maybe ill try tomorrow. I was giving Magnesium, then we tried fiber and even laxatives. Nothing helped him go to the bathroom...just made him uncomfortable and have belly aches between bathroom days : /

I've never seen anyone with such control.

On the upside, he has been sooo nice to his sister this afternoon. Prepping her for her baseball game, going over her positions, throwing strategies etc. Maybe the head hitting is just the adjustment from going off the folinic acid??

Thanks so much!! This forum has been a life saver.

T.Anna

Not to beat yeast topic to death but it can be REALLY difficult to treat. We essentially had a 12 week period (herx/toxin) with increase of symptoms described in earlier post. We are pulsing diflucan currently and DD is complaining of stomach issues today. When I hear constipation as symptom I think yeast/parasites. Anyway, we were treating yeast at least a year and started treating with a more aggressive protocol in Jan. and are still dealing with it. Diflucan will also treat Lyme and cyst form of Lyme.

How long has he been on diflucan? Sometimes you need to go above and beyond diflucan for yeast. A comprehensive stool would provide level of yeast issue or if he has parasites.

Thanks SFMom. Before DS15 sank into avoidance in January. He would go to the bathroom every night before he showered. Whether he had gone earlier or not. After trying many different ways to relieve constipation, we noticed that it was a set pattern of Wednesday nights (he went in 20 minutes ago) and Saturday evenings. He also stays in there 3-5 hours each time. At his worst he was in there in December for 19 hours, and the therapist came and got him out using threats...that was a short lived success.

He was a bit better temporarily after the IVIGs, but nothing else improved : (

Do most people up the Diflucan (we are at 200 mg/day) or add something else?

I don't want to ignore the possibility of yeast, but he also seems to eat more on Wednesday nights and Friday/Saturday in anticipation of going to the bathroom.

We have assumed it is very severe OCD, the only routine we still have since the January avoidance started. But we have been wrong before!

Is there another way to find out if it's yeast or parasites? How do you treat parasites?

Thanks as always,

T.Anna