ACN Latitudes Forums

Fraudulent Generic Drugs

Where would you find the manufacturer of the drug? I've checked my bottle of doxy but I don't see any info there? this concerns me a great deal!

This only applies to generics, so if you have a generic of the drug you have to carefully scrutinize the label and the manufacturer info should be on it. If you still can't find it, ask your pharmacy where on their labels they print that info.

So, called my local CVS Pharmacist @ changing the manufacturer on the minocycline. He said all they had was Ranbaxy-that's what they get sent when they order it. So, after many trials of different phone #'s and phone menus from the CVS website, finally managed to reach a customer service rep who promised to contact the regional pharm. representative to see if they can "special order" it. They will call me back w/in the next few days to let me know. What I don't understand (and probably do not want to know, really) is why any pharmacy continues to sell ranbaxy products. Google Ranbaxy fraud- it has to be common knowledge in the industry that their products are untrustworthy! They must be selling them REALLY cheap.

I've been ticked off about this all day. The pharmacies have got to know about this company's fraudulent practices, and if they don't they should- its their business. So, they should NOT be doing business with them and passing on bad drugs to their customers. That makes them just as guilty as far as I'm concerned!

I've been ticked off about this all day. The pharmacies have got to know about this company's fraudulent practices, and if they don't they should- its their business. So, they should NOT be doing business with them and passing on bad drugs to their customers. That makes them just as guilty as far as I'm concerned!

Check with an independent pharmacy in your area. They will be more willing to do what has to be done to get a different drug from their wholesaler. When I did this, there was a certain code to put in when ordering so that the wholesaler did not automatically sub with the cheapest generic out there. CVS can likely do this as well, but chains are notoriously less flexible when it comes to meeting individual needs (IMO).

• 2 months later...

Glad to hear this! I think this company and its products are a serious problem. That's why I keep bumping this thread for new people.

So good to know the FDA is asleep at the switch... or worse. :wacko:

Since switching Al's minocycline to a different manufacturer, we've have seen a decrease in symptoms-especially bacne. Just saying.

It is inconceivable that the FDA permits Ranbaxy to continue to sell drugs. What an indictment! Thank you for posting this stunning exposé. This forum is chock full of information. Unfortunately, I discovered that I take a Ranbaxy med. I will change, but I am concerned about all of the other tens of thousands of people who don't know about their fraudulent practices.