ACN Latitudes Forums

Day 6-Herxing/Crying/Sad/Help

We are on day 6 of IV abx and I think something is breaking loose. His PICC line was bumped today in PE and home health nurse had to come and reapply dressing. (I hate freaking PE) It hurt when she changed it and he cried so much. Since then, he has just been crying all night. He is so stressed.

I have not seen crying like this since over a year ago, before IVIg and we started seeing Dr.J./Dr. B. I am pretty sure this is a herx. Please remind me how to help with the symptoms. He is drinking tons of water and he had 800 mg of Ibuprofen around 5 (It is 8:30 now). He had an apple with a big helping of peanut butter (tryptophan). I will try to get him to take an Epsom salt bath.

What more should I do?

Cobbie can you lighten up IV or hold off on the dose if it gets too bad? Do you have Burbur? When things get bad I use Nutramedix Burbur and Parsley, 5 drops each in water. Can use every 4 hours. I know I sound like an ad for Nutramedix sometimes but I have found Burbur so helpful I only wish I had known about it earlier on. I give DD Melatonin when she is crying to get her to go to sleep. Trying to minimize the upset time. Others have said charcoal and our integrative recommended it as well, I have not tried yet. Hang in and let us know how things are going. Killing spirochetes not easy.

We are on day 6 of IV abx and I think something is breaking loose. His PICC line was bumped today in PE and home health nurse had to come and reapply dressing. (I hate freaking PE) It hurt when she changed it and he cried so much. Since then, he has just been crying all night. He is so stressed.

I have not seen crying like this since over a year ago, before IVIg and we started seeing Dr.J./Dr. B. I am pretty sure this is a herx. Please remind me how to help with the symptoms. He is drinking tons of water and he had 800 mg of Ibuprofen around 5 (It is 8:30 now). He had an apple with a big helping of peanut butter (tryptophan). I will try to get him to take an Epsom salt bath.

What more should I do?

I am so happy someone else has found the pb connection. 1 medium handful of peanuts or 1 - 2 T of peanutbutter would stop my DS from raging within 1-3 minutes tops! I couldn't explain it for years, and then someone told me about the tryptophan. And, I also suspect that the fat taking the tryptophan straight to the brain helps, AND, I also suspect it helps stabilize blood sugars.

Do you have your DS taking detox, like activated charcoal and/or bentonite clay? I would do that, but make sure it's well away from other meds (I do these either 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after other meds. Also, do you have a good chiropractor? We find that helps tremendously. If you don't already have one, I don't know if I'd try one out while on a PICC line, only because they can all be so different. We had to try several, before we found one (now we have 2 in 2 different states) that worked for us.

And, I agree with Philamom...get him excused from PE. I don't like the idea of that PICC line getting knocked around. DS was excused from it (or they did quiet activities that he couldn't get it knocked on) while he was getting IV abx.

Cyber hugs for both you and your DS.

Edited by tpotter