ACN Latitudes Forums

Uncontrollable constant laughing

Hi all,

decided to start a new thread for uncontrollable laughing.

My son 22, has lyme and babesia. has been treating for 3+ years. Been on numerous abx thruout.

He's only gotten worse mentally, nothing physical. Now he's totally mentally disabled. doesn't speak but 1 word phrases.

Sees a lyme literate pych doc. He has prescribed countless meds to try and break thru and stop the laughing by nothing works. We are now giving him sequerol, first to help him sleep, but now thruout the day for the laughing but that too isn't working.

any thoughts what could help? Anyone know of something like this, I search and search the web and nothing. Even his psych doc has never seen this. There is a med for this, Neudexta, but that too doesn't work on him.

His Mom

I am going to copy and paste this from your other thread:

My daughter is taking the cheaper version of Enhansa for yeast overgrowth (candida). Here is a link:

http://leesilsby.com/enhansa-homepage

We take what is called BCM-95, which appears to be the same thing as Enhansa but less expensive. Almost all of these on this page are Bio-enhanced. You just have to read it. Curcumin 95 is not necessarily bio-enhanced:

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=BCM-95

Hi,

My son does take many supplements prescribed from his LLMD, one of them being Curcumin from Xymogen...he takes 1 twice a day, has been for over 6 months.

Is this the same thing? I didn't realize curcumin was for yeast. If its supposed to help with that then I guess its not.

Does the brands you mentioned work? If so I'll use them.

thank you for your help

His Mom

i certainly don't want to scare you unneccessarily. . . but, i have just become aware that there is a type of seizure that presents as laughter. i don't have time now for details, but perhaps you can google and see if this is anything of what you are experiencing.

good luck.

Hi,

My son does take many supplements prescribed from his LLMD, one of them being Curcumin from Xymogen...he takes 1 twice a day, has been for over 6 months.

Is this the same thing? I didn't realize curcumin was for yeast. If its supposed to help with that then I guess its not.

Does the brands you mentioned work? If so I'll use them.

thank you for your help

His Mom

Yes, that is the same type of product. It is Bio-enhanced curcumin. Your dose is rather low is all I can say. Most folks go with 600mg twice a day, and some go higher. You are giving 350mg twice a day. If you increase the dose, do so slowly. Increase by one- half or one capsule in the morning for a week or more and if it does not cause issues, then increase the evening dose by the same and continue increasing until you reach a dose that you and the LLMD are pleased with the results. You can also keep checking his yeast levels as you go along to see if you are seeing improvements.

Here is a link to google scholar articles about yeast and curcumin:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=curcumin+%2B+yeast&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C44&as_sdtp=

Frik,

Have they done any brain imaging to rule out lesions of the hypocampus or amygdala? I don't know much about it, but I know there are some forms of encephalitis that can cause lesions and, since we are dealing with brain inflammation in PANS/PANDAS, I would think the doc would want to check for lesions in areas that control laughter.

QueenMother

I agree it could be yeast. Has he had any anti-yeast, anti-fungal protocols since starting Lyme treatment? Have you had him checked for heavy metals, KPU, vitamin/mineral deficiencies. The reason I ask is some supplements can cause heavy metals to dumb kicking up yeast and in conjunction with ongoing combo's antibiotics you may have a very chronic issue. We had very little physical symptoms of yeast/fungus until treated. One son had occasional eczema, light patches of skin (zinc or yeast issue) and white tongue. With fungus sometimes you get a black tongue. Our kids have had some real aggressive treatments for yeast with 2,000,000 of compounded Nystatin daily (regular dosages were unhelpful), herbal and homeopathic remedies for yeast, etc. Since chelation our younger DS has indications of fungal infection, older DS/younger DD indications of yeast and are starting diflucan along with current remedies. A good way to test for yeast is comprehensive stool analysis. We have used Metametrix for testing. We use Enhansa as well and it did resolve or treat our yeast issues very well.

I also agree it could be lesions but figuring out if its yeast might be a little easier to start.

I just read on your other thread all the antibiotics your son has been taking;

have you also been giving him massive doses of probiotics hours away from the antibiotics?

I am voting yeast as well- canidia systemic infections- the fermentation is compared to alcohol,

and 'silly, drunken laughter'

is one of the signs.

I'd try daily dosed diflucan or ketoconazole (prescriptions) with massive doses of quality probiotics

and take out all sugar from the diet.

Hi,

thank you all for your replys. Yes he was on Difflucan a couple of times and does currently take VSL#3, 1 packets 2x day. I believe its 900 million. He also takes theralac, 1 2x day. He's been sugar free "mostly" for a couple of years, gluten free and we eat very healthy, probably 90% organic, lots of veggies, veggie smoothies.

Now, we are not perfect. There are times we let him have a cheeseburger but we're pretty good.

Unfortunately EVERYTHING has sugars...even his gluten free bread. I just try and buy the lowest amount of sugar in something as I can.

I'm going to start giving him Garlic pills and coconut oil daily. I'll start slowly. I read these help.

thank you all again