ACN Latitudes Forums

Mother's Day

To all of you incredible, dedicated, strong, kind, supportive and fierce women and mother's on this forum I say "You Rock!"

On this day, the tv ads and magazines and stores everywhere want to show us opening boxes to find heart-shaped diamond necklaces, smiling in our robes and opening cards. Many of us, not only on this forum, are just not those Moms. Those ads can remind us of what we don't have, or they can remind us of what really matters.

Our Mother's Day wish is simple; to look into the eyes of our children and see happiness. That's it. That gift to us may have come as a temporary reprieve last week on a 'good day' or it may come tomorrow or next month.

For me, today, on Mother's Day, I rejoice in the gift of my imperfect life that looks nothing like those ads. I rejoice in the gift of my imperfect child. I rejoice in all of you while we struggle together, fighting for what really matters.

Happy Mother's Day.

Heather

I was just thinking that someone needed to post a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY on the forum and found it had been done--

Thank you Heather --beautifully said.

I would like to add--

PANS Mothers

Thank you for lending me your courage over these past four years--

for staying up with me on late nights

when I compulsively tried to find the key,

the solution to this sudden onset disorder, which was entirely disordering our lives.

Thank you for being there for phone calls --

listening and letting me listen,

lending an ear, an hour, to understand, counsel and encourage.

even when we had never met face to face.

You were there when I reached out.

Thank you for reaching out through this forum --

for sharing your experience,

your observations,

your insights

which compiled to be a testimony about the PANS experience

(has anyone else noticed more then 100,000 posts on PANDAS/PANS!)

We have told our story together,

the compiled evidence of lives changed, hurts healed, and research validated in the stories of mothers, and fathers, and their children.

Thank you.

Edited by T.Mom

Beautiful, ladies. And much needed. I was just making preparations to throw myself a big, ole pity party and then I read your posts. This is all so overwhelming and draining but it is worse for our precious children. I just can't believe how little hellp there is available. It would be so much easier to deal with all of this if the medical profession simply acknowledged that it is real.

Thank you. Going to hug my daughter now.

QueenMother