ACN Latitudes Forums

Rash?

I'm pleased to report my daughter has been doing great. Monday was five months post IVIG and she continues to be back to 100% her old self. She made it through a fever virus two weeks ago that lasted five long days without any increase in symptoms. Had a little anxiety early in the morning last Saturday when she lost a tooth, but returned to baseline within the day.

Yesterday I noticed a rash all over her back. Small raised bumps. She wasn't complaining about it yesterday, but today seems to be. I can't trace it to any changes in detergent, new foods, meds, etc. No change in behavior to note (although she was VERY hyper yesterday afterschool -- agreeable, but hyper). Could this be something PANDAS/autoimmune related? Anything I should be looking for??

My DS had small red raised bumps on trunk 2 days before he crashed, and I think it was a strep thing. He's had the rashes continue off and on for the entire 17 months he's been affected. I'd watch for signs and get a throat swab ASAP if she shows any of her PANDAS behaviors. But, honestly it could be unrelated...I sure hope it is.

Well...it's strep. Cannot believe it. She's been on full dose of augmentin since September. Hasn't missed a dose in months. No fever, no sore throat. Nothing...

Doctor switched her to Omnicef so I guess now we just watch and wait. Wish us luck everyone!