ACN Latitudes Forums

What do u do if there's a rash

Hi my almost 4 yr old son has developed a rash on his chest, back and arms yesterday. I gave him Benadryl and today it has spread to his cheeks. What do you all do in this case? My son is already taking abx and viral medication, no recent changes have been made that would cause a reaction. Do you think this is shedding of virus or something else to be concerned about?It's small red dots all over. Very hard to tell in the pictures I have taken.

Tia for suggestions,

Tami

Edited by Tamistwins

My 3 yo has had fifth disease ( parvo) all week, she has a mottled rash all over her body and bright red cheeks. I think it's worth s trip to the pediatrician to look at the rash

What did the Pediatrician do? I think this is what my son has too. We are running blood work tomorrow and will test for parvovirus titers too.

Thank you!

Edited by Tamistwins

I just re-read your post - is it a lacy rash or red dots? dots can be something serious. My DD essentially has mottled skin all over except her cheeks which are bright red. My DD is quite ill from this as she has an immune problem. Ped has been on top of it but I am going to call Dr B tomorrow, she sees him because of her immune condition.

I believe rashes are only urgent if they are petechiae (which isn't actually a rash at all, but pinprick sized red blood spots under the skin). However, this rash could be anything from a virus to a developing medication allergy. Definitely worth a peek by the ped.