ACN Latitudes Forums

When would be a good time to introduce a probiotic?

Just wondering if there is a particular time in when a probiotic should be introduced? I've had my son on Candaplex for the last week to start killing of the candida but not sure when i should introduce the probiotic to get balance back, I tried googling it and it roughly says a week or 2 after the anti fungul but then our natropath said after all the candaplex is finished which seems too far away? So confused!!

We were told to use a probiotic daily and just to be sure to always take it at least 2-3 hr apart from any anti-microbial

Your doctor may have specific reasons for telling you to wait, but imo that is risky as you want to maintain healthy gut bacteria at all times. But again, your physician may have very specific reasons for suggesting not to use probiotics yet.

Sadly we don't have a dr guiding us, I can't find one in our area who will test for candida/leaky gut so just our natropath who picked it up through iridology. She also believes that the gut issue is down the list of priority and is trying to just get rid of his tics, I don't think she is really understanding as i think his gut health etc needs to be addressed first. I've decided we won't be seeing her anymore.

I think i will introduce the probiotic.

Thanks

I just do want to mention again that our physician recommended natural probiotics in the diet rather than taking those "high powered" probiotic supplements. Things like Lifeway PLAIN A2 casein kefir,or pure coconut kefir, pure yoghurt made from Guernsey milk (A2 casein), sauerkraut, raw local honey, kombucha tea, unpasteurized miso etc

I tried looking up kefir here in Australlia but i could only find grains to make my own but that just confused me! I did find a new yogurt in our supermarket that is made from just plain a2 milk with the probiotics in it so might try and introduce that, it has no colours, flavours, gelatines etc. We use raw organic honey also.