ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone else's child having a bad flare the last couple weeks

My ds 7 had been doing really well the last 5 months on antibiotic.

Then all of a sudden a few weeks ago, horrible temper and tics for the first time in a while.

We live in Las Vegas so maybe change in season, allergies, pollen etc?

Hopefully just a flare but always so disappointing.

His 1st IVIG in 2 weeks so the praying begins!

Tpotter, wondering why you said rule out MycoP if raging? Am I understanding that correctly?

My son has been flaring for the last two weeks and things have been good, on zith and positive for mycoP. But worst of his symptoms has been raging. I am trying to understand this better. He does not have allergies, already tested, but all the symptoms since the mycoP have been raging, fatigue, concentration problems, regression. It has been slightly different from last year when it was strep.

Oh this is so confusing. Just when you think you have this mess figured out, everythigng changes.

(PS-also on the east coast, hence the myco P)

Someone else had mentioned to me that MycoP was associated with raging. Then I checked my son's labs from last year, and it was high. He has been on Biaxin for the past 10 days for an ear infection and I swear his mood/tempermant has improved. Biaxin apparently is used for MycoP. I'm seeing his pediatrician tomorrow, so will discuss with him.

If you rule out myco p but still see the ramp-up in raging and other behaviors, I would suspect seasonal allergies. My understanding is that tree pollen, in particular, is very high right now.

My DS has always suffered from seasonal allergies, and this is the first year that he has not been pretty miserable when the trees first began flowering! I credit his two-year "love affair" with quercitin; I think it finally successfully turned off enough of his histamine response that he can actually feel human during allergy season now. We're even sleeping with the windows open this spring, which is a first in about 5 years! Highly recommend quercitin! :)