ACN Latitudes Forums

Yellow blisters Appearing While Taking Anti-Virals

This question sounds sort of similar to the one about a kiddo developing possible blisters close to the mouth. However, it's a little different, so here goes....

My daughter is taking a couple of anti-virals...viragraphis and engystol (sp?). She has been on both of them for a week and a half or so. She has tested positive for coxsackie and hhv-6, and I'm sure there are some undetected viruses swimming around in there. Today she woke up with four red spots on her upper arms...three of them with yellow oblong (but fairly small, although very raised) "blisters". They certainly are not clear-looking, and I am highly suspicious that they are contagious, but I have no evidence of this.

So I am wondering if this is a physical herx? About 10 days after antii-virals were started? She started Cefdinir 2 days ago, but I am not thinking this has anything to do with it. It shouldn't be an allergic reaction (and doesn't really look like one) because she has been on Cefdinir before....about 2 months ago, if that.

She is also taking Para-A, Mora, Noni, Mundipur, Magnesium (500 mg), stool softener, Artemisinin (sp?), Nystatin, Jarrow Probiotic, Vit C, Vit D

Should I be concerned about this? Or just wait and see, suspecting that it is a herx?

Could she have been exposed to poison ivy or other allergenic plant? Impetigo also has yellowish blistering but I'm not sure it's as common on arms. There are other bacterial skin blisters, too. The discoloration in the blister fluid seems a good enough reason to proceed as if they're contagious/infectious in nature and have them checked. I'm the one with the ds who has the patch erupt near his mouth today-- so I've been looking all this stuff up, too. Surprisingly hard to get consistent, clearcut descriptions and answers, isn't it?

Good luck!

My son is currently on Valcyte and when he says his symptoms are worse, I look at his back and sure enough he has raised, usually white bumps on it. I look the next day and they are almost gone and he seems to feel a bit better. It seems to correlate with detox is what I believe.