ACN Latitudes Forums

New Pandas coverage from Child Mind Institute

LNN

New story on Pandas from Child Mind Institute. While it's more "objective" than I'd like, I think it does lean toward encouraging parents to pursue treatment and IMO, makes Singer look like the a** he is when he says "well, just give them drugs."

http://www.childmind.org/en/posts/articles/2013-4-23-pandas-pans-about-acute-onset-ocd

Good article.

Ironically, some months back I was at a leading city hospital waiting room with my daughter, for an appointment for a neuro psychology evaluation.

The hospitals monthly magazine in front of us on the table had PANDAS: Real or controversy? Type article on the front page.

(The irony in my life.)

But that article was not nearly as good as this one- this one citing Swedo, and the change from PANDAS to PANS.

makes Singer look like the a** he is when he says "well, just give them drugs."

Yes!! I was just commenting this on a Facebook group- However I did use the word "Idiot" vs "A$$" !! Either one or both works. If they had to quote him at least they used one that succinctly tells the story of who he is.

Thanks, LLM. I agree it's pretty objective. I still REALLY have trouble with so much emphasis on the abrubt, overnight onset, since it did not happen that way for us (or at least that we could see...she may have been hiding stuff). Our dd's built over the course of a few months until it became clear something was very wrong.

On a different note, it has been almost two months since she stopped her antibiotics (after three years). Knock on wood, still doing great!!

Kara

I've received the article fwded from the school psychologist, and another friend. Personally, I hope it will help those we deal with at the school. Maybe it will also make more psychologists aware that they need to recommend PANS testing...it would have helped us if our first psychologist had known about PANDAS/PANS : (

T.Anna

DS15