ACN Latitudes Forums

Valtrex?

LLMD gave me script for valtrex for Coxsackie and Parvo (IgM is high on both) that won't go away. I also have chronic problems with MycoP for the past 4 years. IgM never went completely back to normal, but now is going up again.

Has anyone used valtrex and found that it really helped? I don't know if that's I already take

100 mg doxy twice a day,

azithromycine 250 mg twice a day

rifampin 100 mg daily

My pulmonologist has absolutely no clue what to do for chronic mycoP (tried to tell me it doesn't matter, since I've had it for years, but when I argued, he gave me the phone number for National Jewish Hospital in Denver, and told me to call them)...That's another question...anyone have any experience with them, or is it just running in circles again?

LLMD is really not sure where to go from here, because I am already on the abx that typically work for mycoP. A super high vitamin A protocol has also been suggested for the viruses, but I was told to do either the valtrex or the vitamin A protocol.

I'm very frustrated, and feel so miserable. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

DS is on Valtrex XR 4000 mg for Coxsackie.

He has taken Biaxin and is now on Doxcycline for MycoP. My understanding is that antivirals do not work as well as antibiotics. But we are hammering away and I feel have made a teeny tiny improvement on the antivirals.

T.Anna

ART suggested the Vit. A protocol, but wasn't adverse to the valtrex...just said not to do both together. LLMD gave me the valtrex (but it's not as high dose as what t-anna is doing. I wanted to see if anyone else is having any success with the valtrex, otherwise I'll just stick with the Vit. A.

I've been on the abx for 2 years (azith the entire time) and have changed up the others. My IgM for MycoP went down from 1750 to 1100, but now is back up to about 1300, and I am symptomatic. Plus, apparently, coxsackie can affect the lungs, too.

Edited by tpotter

He has taken Biaxin and is now on Doxcycline for MycoP. My understanding is that antivirals do not work as well as antibiotics. But we are hammering away and I feel have made a teeny tiny improvement on the antivirals.

T.Anna

How did your doc decide on the 4000 mg of Valtrex XR? Is there a specific protocol? My LLMD prescribed 1000 mg of the regular valtrex (1 g daily).

i had asked about who diagnosed/prescribed b/c i was wondering if you have discussed nosodes with your ART practioner? it sounds as if not. i'm not sure if that's b/c it's not something he/she practices or if not something he/she believes in. you may want to investigate it. often you may get something that is not that expensive - and then have ART test it for you.

i have no connection to this company -- have not used these specific products- just googled cocksackie nosode to have something to refer you to to explain. http://www.mhpvitamins.com/id117.html

i only mention b/c i believe ds kicked his most troublesome virus with a nosode.

good luck!

T.Anna

How did your doc decide on the 4000 mg of Valtrex XR? Is there a specific protocol? My LLMD prescribed 1000 mg of the regular valtrex (1 g daily).

DS had been on 1000mg way back in December and again in January for 10 days each time. This time, we thought that he may have HHV6 and Cossackie numbers and EBV numbers went up, so doctor said to try Valtrex at 4000mg.

T.Anna