ACN Latitudes Forums

Do transient tics ever go away/ L-Carnitine questions

oh dear yes....there are many threads here about kids with TS reacting negatively to any fish oil even though they seem to be able to eat fish without problem.

My son has always had more tics with fish oil and so uses organic flaxseeds instead as his extra source of omega 3 . He used to take the oil in capsule form but now prefers them fresh ground.

ps also suggest you try adding new things one at a time and wait a few days to see results...then you don't have so many variables.

If the chocolate flavor in the milk is in any way artificial, that could be a problem too...especially if he was doing ok on the regular almond milk...I assume he does not have almond allergy?

I am still waiting for the allergy testing. Our insurance company is not wanting to do it, even though he wakes up stuffy every morning. He has been drinking the almond milk for a couple of weeks with no problem, although I don't think he has ever had almonds before this. To begin with we were only using a good multiple vitamin, a sublingual B complex and the Epsom salt baths and he was doing quite well. I found that he cannot tolerate the magnesium orally because he gets very loose stools and has accidents. Then the doctor said to give him the Arctic-D fish oil and the probiotics which I added in earlier this week. He has been quite a bit worse the last two days, especially with the vocals. I think maybe I will back off of both for now. I think I will start a food diary and a chart to keep track of the supplements as I add them in. I wish I knew which supplements were the most necessary.

Edited by partyof5

Thanks Chemar! I think we will avoid the fish oil and try the flaxseed once the tics have calmed down a bit. I guess I should just be glad that today is not a school day. I am so frustrated but, when I read your success with your own son, I know that if I can find the right combination it will all be worth it!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi partyof5 we have just started this journey for our son as well so you're not alone on how confusing it all is! I'm trying really hard not to get overwhelmed, Some days i feel like i'm going crazy trying to find triggers, work out what supplements would work etc.

Was really good to read your post Jen as it gave me a much needed boost to keep going, I often go back and read my book by sheila just to remind me that all the changes and researching will be worth it for my son....hopefully