ACN Latitudes Forums

full sentence tic after starting bontech suppliments?

two days ago I started my 10 year old daughter on ts plus control. as recommended we started off with 5 (1/4 of the daily recommendation). the past two days I have noticed a huge increase in tics that werealreadypresent however she has been saying full sentence without even realizing it. last night while watching tv she said "it was one of my class mates" I responded bysaying "what?" andshe looked at me confused..when I told her what she had just said she said I didn't mean to say that. this has happened quit a few times in the past 2 days but never the same sentence..but im guessing this might be a tic?. also last night she started counting while washing her hands.

has anyone who used the suppliments experienced them bringing on new tics and how long did it last before they subsided. also has anyone child had full sentence tics?

I just took a look at the BonTech ingredients and noticed that it includes the unmethylated version of B6 - pyridoxine HCl, as opposed to the methylated version - P-5-P, the unmethylated version of folic acid, as opposed to methylfolate. It doesn't list the type of B12 either. Anyone with methylation defects may have difficulty using regular unmethylated types of supplements.

I haven't used Bontech supplements but have been considering them for my son. I have fully read through the site and case studies etc and did notice that a percentage of people noted an increase in symptoms in the first 1-2 weeks then improvement started. Some longer. Are you giving her the full dose now? I read it also suggested to drop back down for a bit in dose and then trying going back up again. Perhaps some peoples bodies need more time to get used to it. I'm probably not much help :/

Hope it all works out and will be interested in hearing how she goes :)

thanks for your replies! I also emailed bontech and they were very quick in replying..like you mentioned, they told me to drop back down to five and increase at a slower rate. I upped it one a day since giving it to her. I will go back down to five and hold there for a few days. strangely enough it has seem to increase mainly vocal tics. ill report back in a week or so and let youknow how it goes!

I just realized I didnt fully answer your question we have only been on it for 3 days I did 5 the first day, 6 the second and 7 the first. I justasked her a few minutes ago if she felt any different since taking them and she did say she felt like she was ticcing more with the head jerks that she does..so apparently it isnt just vocals that have increased..I guess I just noticed this more since we havent had a vocal tic for a few months up until now. shes very excited about taking the suppliments and made me promise I wouldn't take them away. ive explained that this is not a cure and may possibly not help but we are going to keep going and stay positive :)

Hi,

My son is on bontech (ts plus control) for 2 to 3 years. I started giving him 1 capsule the first day, then 2 capsules the second day, then 3 capsules the third day, and so on, until 10 capsules the max. Even if I stop giving him the supplement for a week or two, I will do the same thing again until reaching the max dose (10 capsules). I do not notice it increase his tics, or reduce his tics. But he needs it because he has a lot of food which he is sensitive to. I continue to look for another supplement that can replace this one, but many supplements in the market have things included which my child cannot have it.

I recently found out that this supplement is not the best for him, because it contains soy, the lecithin, which he was tested last year and sensitive to it. It also has 50mg of inositol per 10 capsules, which can be good for those who have OCD. My son is very high on serotonin, but inositol elevates serotonin. Since he has been on it for almost 3 years, I think his body is already used to it.

If he eats the wrong food, his tics will still be increased even he is taking the supplement. One thing I found very helpful and eliminate his tics is the right amount of probiotic. And I will have him to do the allergy test, and autoimmune to see if there are any other things that trigger his tics.

Hope it helps.

JJ

Edited by JosyJoy

• 3 weeks later...

true2myself how is your daughter going on the bontech supplements?

She seems to be doing well. We are now doing the full dosage (10 in the morning and 10 at night). The head tic that she has is still present and has not changed but if she does miss a dose it is worse than normal. I do notice that she is sleeping much better and not so grumpy in the mornings - I'm thinking due to the magnesium. I haven't heard any vocal tics in a while but I think this is just a waning period and not due to suppliments.