ACN Latitudes Forums

Yeast issues

jtp

GSE is very powerful for yeast, but also said to be a cyst buster for Lyme.

Thanks, I have read this as well. DD11's reactions seemed to be more yeast related - itching, giddiness, foolishness - things that haven't shown up with abx pulsing. She has never really had much in the way of lyme symptoms other than fatigue and some transient tingling, and neither of these showed up with the GSE dosing. Of course they don't show up with tindamax pulsing either. Her reactions to that constitute mainly motor/vocal ticcing and emotional lability. If only we weren't addressing so many issues at once!

On this subject, does anyone feel chronic headaches, nausea, and feeling of vomiting could be due to yeast. My daughter is going through a physical flair, once again, and is experiencing these symptoms. She does not exhibit symptoms of adhd, giddiness, foolishness, etc. Her recent labcorp lab results are negative, but tests done in 2012 by Quest were slightly elevated. We switched insurance in January that requires us to use labcorp. LLMD and Immunologist wants her to begin doryx to address lyme/bart. She is only on Amox now for the past 14 months. In December of 2011, she had a positive culture of borrelia from Advanced Labs. They feel the Amox is just keeping the lyme at bay. Our local doctor, is concerned the symptoms may be from yeast. He doesn't rely on testing yeast through traditional labs. Waiting for OAT kit from Great Plains. I'm concerned of holding off on doryx any longer since the sunny weather is approaching us. Ran strep titers yesterday. Her d-nase went up 100 points from Jan to February. Its always confusing on what direction to take.

Philamom, I'm not sure but my daughter is experiencing the same symptoms and she is also only on amoxicillin at present (just posted about it). I can't decide if her physical symptoms are from the antibiotics or because she isn't getting the right antibiotics. It is very frustrating. I am thinking about running some stool testing and see if that can shed some light. Ugg, this stuff never lets up.

Dedee

I just responded to your post. I here ya! The only thing I can say, is that in the fall of 2011, my daughter was off all abx for 4 months prior to running the advanced lab culture and the symptoms mentioned were worse than now - which makes me think its more lyme related, but who knows. She also had the same symptoms three years ago prior to us finding out about the lyme/bart.

She was placed on a combo of abx for a year and these physical symptoms went away- but returned shortly after stopping treatment.

Philamom, I'm not sure but my daughter is experiencing the same symptoms and she is also only on amoxicillin at present (just posted about it). I can't decide if her physical symptoms are from the antibiotics or because she isn't getting the right antibiotics. It is very frustrating. I am thinking about running some stool testing and see if that can shed some light. Ugg, this stuff never lets up.

Dedee

This is from Dr. Jerry Kartzinel's book; he was also my dd's treating Dr. for over a year. I thought he was a master at yeast, and it was a huge issue for my dd, way before we started antibiotics.

BEHAVIORS:

Demanding

Noncompliant

Aggressive

Stimming

Hands over ears

Chewing (on everything/anything) teeth grinding

Laughing for no reason - night or day

Climbing all the time

Standing on head, hanging upside down

Brain fog: giddy super-silly behaviors

Loss of energy

Seeming out of it

Cravings for bread, pasta, sweets

CLINICAL SIGNS

Rashes

Eczema

Funky smelling scalp (the wet dog smell)

Itching: perianal, genital, and/or generalized

Redness: perianal, perivaginal

Abdominal bloating

Increase in flatulence

Constipation or diarrhea

Change in smell of stool (yeasty, bready, foul or sweet)

S & S: good list.

I wanted to add you can get a yeast infection in your throat. Older DS had a chronic cough on and off for 3 years that cleared with yeast treatment. A friend with Lyme had a confirmed case of yeast in her esophagus. When my son improved I started to connect the dots....... yeast was probably in his esophagus causing the unproductive cough.

Philamom: the following comment is for you.

Common symptoms of overgrowth and dissemination of Candida in the esophagus are: painful swallowing, pain behind the breast bone, a sensation of food sticking in the chest, and nausea.

Edited by SF Mom

interesting.

S & S: good list.

I wanted to add you can get a yeast infection in your throat. Older DS had a chronic cough on and off for 3 years that cleared with yeast treatment. A friend with Lyme had a confirmed case of yeast in her esophagus. When my son improved I started to connect the dots....... yeast was probably in his esophagus causing the unproductive cough.

Philamom: the following comment is for you.

Common symptoms of overgrowth and dissemination of Candida in the esophagus are: painful swallowing, pain behind the breast bone, a sensation of food sticking in the chest, and nausea.