ACN Latitudes Forums

Natural Calm?

Bigal

I've seen a product called "Nature Calm" discussed here. I thought I'd try it with my 11 year old son with TS. They did not have "Nature Calm" at Whole Foods. But they did have a similarly named product called "Natural Calm".

It's listed ingredients are: Ionic Mangesium Citrate, organic orange flavor and organic stevia. The served size is 2 rounded teaspoons and the amount per serving is 325 mg.

Is this the same thing as "Nature Calm"?

Too start, I am giving my son a little less than 1/4 teaspoon in a glass of water, twice a day. I intend to at least double that doseage slowly, as long it is tolerated (he doesn't get diahhrea), Does that sound appropriate? He weighs about 70 lbs.

Do most people use this on a continual basis, or just when the tics get bad? Also, if I could get him to take an Epsom salt bath, could we avoid taking it that day? He really does not like it.

Thank you

Alan

I don't think I have ever seen any discussion calling it Nature Calm Al?

It is Natural Calm by Natural Vitality.

Personally, I prefer the original Natural Calm formula, without any added flavoring, although I think that the flavors used are "natural" but still, never a certainty.

They also make a children's multi-nutrient formula called Kid's Calm, but that is different from the Natural Calm which is just ionic magnesium citrate

Thank You Chemar. OK then, I have the right product. I guess I just had the name wrong.

Is this a supplement to give everyday or just when tics are bad? If he takes an Epson salt bath could he skip it for the day?

Thanks again

Alan

Some people give it daily while others use it as needed. The recommended daily magnesium for someone with TS is about 300-500mg depending on age/weight I believe, and that can come from diatary and supplement sources all together.

We always used Epsom in conjunction with a magnesium supp. I don't think there is an accurate way of knowing what the transdermal absorption of the magnesium during a bath would be, but I doubt it would be anywhere near 300mg? However, having a bath and getting in whatever is absorbed is better than nothing :) plus maybe having more magnesium rich foods on those days....