ACN Latitudes Forums

Is Privigen brand iVig ok to use? Anyone have experience with it?

We cannot obtain gamunex brand ivig in the hospital which means we only have access to Privigen brand.

Is there any reason we should not be using Privigen brand?

Can we later add gamunex (as early as next month) or should they not be mixed?

I thought i read somewhere long ago to try to obtain same brand and same lot from same lab if doing regular infusions. (at least I'm hoping for regular beyond this one opportunity).

Also has anyone here used Privigen and what was the response & results?

Our neurologists admin explained gamunex is the only one approved for neurological use, the rest are for immunity. If they were doing it in the office they would normally order gamunex.

Now I'm feeling nervous

It is my understanding that you should try to stick with one brand if it's been tolerated in the past. Gamunex-C is the only product specifically indicated for neurological conditions.

However, looking at the comparisons of Ig products in this chart, you will see there is not much difference in the basic components of Gamunex vs. Privigen (both have no sugar, both have have a 10% concentration, both have low IgA), so Privigen is probably a good choice if you do have to stray from what was dosed for previous IVIGs.

http://www.bdipharma.com/Comparison%20Chart%202012/IVIG.pdf

But why couldn't you push for Gamunex? It could be cost issue (maybe hospital gets a better return on Privigen) and they don't want to get the more costly brand. You could also ask for Gammaked which is identical to Gamunex-C, only it's marketed under another pharma company name. I believe Gammaked costs a little bit less than Gamunex-C.

My son has had 3 HD-IVIGs using Gammaked. He has tolerated it well.

Hope this helps.

We've been using privigen every 3 weeks for over a year, when we were switched from gammagard. We are actually able to tolerate faster infusions w/ privigen and she seems to get fewer side effects.

Are you seeing positive results with privigen? What dose are you using?

We've been using privigen every 3 weeks for over a year, when we were switched from gammagard. We are actually able to tolerate faster infusions w/ privigen and she seems to get fewer side effects.

Are you seeing positive results with privigen? What dose are you using?

We do 1.5g/kg. We are seeing positive results in that it stabilizes her. When we have a delay past the 3 week mark, behavior begins to deteriorate and then improves again after.