Jump to content
ACN Latitudes Forums

Recommended Posts

I found the following information on yeast helpful....

 

"Research finds yeast overgrowth to be related to autism, AD/HD, psychosis, skin problems, thrush, vaginitis, athlete's foot, chronic ear infections, hypoglycemia, food intolerances, and autoimmune conditions such as fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Yeast can produce an array of hard-to-pinpoint symptoms including migraines, headaches, moodiness, hyperactivity, social withdrawal, clumsiness, stomach aches, and bowel problems; as well as be the basis of sensory dysfunctions.

 

 

"Yeast is a fungus that exist in two forms. The single-cell stage is considered the form that is generally not problematic. However, yeast can grow out of control and evolve into tis fungal form. The fungal form is especially hazardous to the body for several reasons.

 

First, it grows root like structures that snake out from the core. These hyphae bore into the mucosal lining in the in the intestines. Like little extended worms, they pow through the protective layer of the gut. This allows any number of substances to seep through the intestines and into the bloodstream. Yeast overgrowth is a primary cause of leaky gut syndrome.

 

Another problem with yeast overgrowth is that the yeast give off a fair number of toxic by-products as they grow and when they die. Many of these substances are neuro-toxins, very harmful to the nervous system as well as the brain. Among the numerous toxins identified are carbon monoxide, alcohol, and acetaldehyde.

 

Acetaldehyde is particularly volatile and toxic, potentially causing a multitude of neurological, endocrine, metabolic and emotional problems. Alcohol is a by-product produced by yeast gives rise to the 'drunk' behavior seen in some people. Inappropriate and hysterical giggling or laughing, and night waking are common symptoms as well. These symptoms can occur either very rapidly after eating or appear later. The neuro-toxins greatly disrupt sleep, another important reason to get it under control. Dealing with all of these neuro-toxins at once would create 'unique' behavior in anyone, without the additional factor of a young child's developing brain, nerve, and immune systems.

 

Yeast can do another little trick. Yeast converts inorganic mercury, which may enter the body by a variety of sources, into methyl mercury, a very quick-traveling toxic form that readily penetrates tissues throughout the body, including the brain. What type of damage occurs depends o the organs the mercury settles in. In addition, mercury and other metals can suppress the immune system, creating a nice smooth path for yeast or other pathogen to take off."

 

This is taken from the book "Enzymes for Autism and Other Neurological Disorders'

Edited by SF Mom
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...