ACN Latitudes Forums

Can Luvox Make DS Cry or was it me?

Ok, so we added Augmentin and Dr.T wanted to try DS14 on Luvox again. He is taking 50 mg as 25 mg since Friday (4 days). Last night, DH and I told him that we want to take him for a blood test today. He started crying, told us to leave him alone and then said he doesn't want to be alone. When he calmed down he said he was really anxious that he didn't want to "Go anywhere" and that he felt conflicted that he liked us and hated us.

Before last night's conversation he was in a really great mood all day and it seemed as though he was really beginning to get more out if the new meds. My question: was it that Luvox had the opposite effect of what we have it to him for? Or was he so crazy about the possibility of a blood test and needing to leave the house? A friend came over yesterday and talked a ton about school and DS said that also made him worry about going back to school.

He is so stuck right now, but the return of crying/rage seems like a step backwards.

Thanks as always,

T.Anna

I would think that if the crying/rage was more than is usually expected, it could be a reaction to new or increased medication. When DD11 is backsliding (because of herx or just adverse reaction to something) increased emotional behaviour is usually our first sign - that and/or ticcing. When she is doing well, things that would have previously caused crying/rage are tolerated, and I think wow..., well done!

Edited by rowingmom