ACN Latitudes Forums

Leaving On a Jet Plane....(With a Raging Child)

Oh, super congrats for getting there!! Glad you found something that worked fairly well for the trip. That is great and thanks for the update. Hope the next few days have some great play time while you relax and prepare for the visit. Build a snowman for those of us "playing" in the 70's or greater :D. I will try to plant part of my garden tomorrow while you build a snowman :) !!

Edited by Mayzoo

tu4 -- what is she taking now? i went to the TACA meeting this weekend where 2 of the docs said that if you give a med and see a worsening and then give charcoal and get improvement, it's likely a herx.

did you recently start her on something new to have the charcoal produce that?

Edited by smartyjones

I'm new to this forum -- so I hope it's ok to be jumping in like this. Has anyone here tried neuro-reorganization therapy or neurofeedback (specifically Brain Paint) to alleviate raging, anxiety, etc? We've been in a neurofeedback routine for 9 months with great success. My child does not rage - however - our therapist treats kids who DO rage (violently), and has had tremendous success. I'm not as familiar with neuro-reorganization, however, my friends who have done this have also had wonderful results. Something to consider. It is non-invasive, non-medical treatment that might be acceptable for children who do not like to be touched, etc. It does require electrodes put on the scalp - so for some, that would be a no-go of course -- but there are now neurofeedback programs/equipment you can purchase for at-home treatment. There's even an iPhone/iPad/iTouch app! Not as thorough of course as having the full treatment with a skilled therapist, but it's better than nothing.

tu4 -- what is she taking now? i went to the TACA meeting this weekend where 2 of the docs said that if you give a med and see a worsening and then give charcoal and get improvement, it's likely a herx.

did you recently start her on something new to have the charcoal produce that?

Yes, that is my thinking, too. We have seen this happen when we started cefdinir. However, she was off of all meds....makes me think that there is something like yeast constantly producing toxins that the charcoal can mop up . And yeast has always been an issue for her.

I'm new to this forum -- so I hope it's ok to be jumping in like this. Has anyone here tried neuro-reorganization therapy or neurofeedback (specifically Brain Paint) to alleviate raging, anxiety, etc? We've been in a neurofeedback routine for 9 months with great success. My child does not rage - however - our therapist treats kids who DO rage (violently), and has had tremendous success. I'm not as familiar with neuro-reorganization, however, my friends who have done this have also had wonderful results. Something to consider. It is non-invasive, non-medical treatment that might be acceptable for children who do not like to be touched, etc. It does require electrodes put on the scalp - so for some, that would be a no-go of course -- but there are now neurofeedback programs/equipment you can purchase for at-home treatment. There's even an iPhone/iPad/iTouch app! Not as thorough of course as having the full treatment with a skilled therapist, but it's better than nothing.

I haven't heard of this. Thanks for bringing that up--I'll be looking it up.

How did your appointment with the LLMD go?

I was very pleased. He gave us a specific plan and will be hitting things hard. I'm very happy with this approach because we've been on the road so long, and she has been so badly affected. So we're starting with parasite treatment and then moving to viruses. Starting with herbals before we go on to abx because he says most of those (except sameto) produce a milder herx.

Thanks for asking!