ACN Latitudes Forums

Interesting Enhansa trivia

As I was reading up on some methylation stuff for my DS, I read up on the MAO-A mutation. It's sometimes called the warrior gene as some mutations are tied to aggression. It also plays a role in serotonin metabolism and may be one reason some people don't do well on SSRIs. It isn't clear to me whether DS needs something to upregulate his mutation or downregulate it, but Wiki listed MAO-A inhibitors and among them is Curcumin/Tumeric.

Wondering if this is one reason some parents see such good stuff from Enhansa. Enhansa did nothing for my DD (who has a normal MAO-A) but never tried it on my DS (who is +/- for the MAO-A snp Yasko looks at).

If anyone can read the Wiki writeup and tell me if I should be looking to upregulate or inhibit, I'd appreciate it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAO-A (the Yasko snp is R297R)

I wanted to just mention that if you son has had vaccines, the Tumeric/curcumin is still very helpful regarding the viral issues

from vaccines.

You may want to watch DR Tent on You tube, its a long video but very informative.

Sorry I don't know enough about MAO-A off the top of my head

Now I am no expert but I THINK I am understanding that you want to upregulate. I am very interested to know the real answer though if you get it from an expert or if you figure it out differently. I am sure that my son has issues with neurotransmitters and I would love to understand this better. Still waiting for our results.

Dedee