ACN Latitudes Forums

Strep tests at home--what brand?

I don't have a brand recommendation, I just wanted to point out you may want to make sure you also have tongue depressors, too!

I have the at home strep test kits, but not the tongue depressors, and getting a good swab was so hard without them!

Quidel QuickVue Dipstick Strep A Test, 50/Bx - I have found these the most accurate. My friend who is a pediatrician has given me tongue depressers, but I don't use them. My kids allow me to go in a few times to make sure I get a good sample.

I used to buy these, Quidel Quick View In-Line Strep A Test, Box/25, but the last box I bought has given me 3 false positives (this was confirmed at doctor's office on his rapid test and they sent out for the longer tests).

I buy them on Amazon.

T.Anna

DS14

Quidel QuickVue Dipstick Strep A Test, 50/Bx - I have found these the most accurate. My friend who is a pediatrician has given me tongue depressers, but I don't use them. My kids allow me to go in a few times to make sure I get a good sample.

I used to buy these, Quidel Quick View In-Line Strep A Test, Box/25, but the last box I bought has given me 3 false positives (this was confirmed at doctor's office on his rapid test and they sent out for the longer tests).

I buy them on Amazon.

T.Anna

DS14

Do this brand usually come with a long exp date? The last box I bought had a short date on them (3 months) for 25 tests. I sill have maybe 10 of those and just checked them and they are still operating fine.

I guess turn around on these things is not great making it difficult to get long dates on them.

Edited by Mayzoo