ACN Latitudes Forums

January?

I've been meaning to note this for a while. I cannot run an actual statistical analysis of the forum but it seems that many of us have joined in January. I don't know what this means exactly.

My theory is that most kids being born in January, most parents take them to annual physicals during which they get vaccines.

Second theory has to do with the time of the year which is in the Northern hemisphere the time for most infections.

third idea is that our kids get their flu vaccines in the fall and it takes a while for parents to find the forum.

fourth theory is that this is just a coincidence.

our flare really hit stride during Christmas. We are still stuck (moving sloooowly forward, but nowhere near functional). DS received his flu shot 10/26, we realized things were bad and getting worse starting in October and he stopped ALL OCD related behaviors around New Years. Today marks TWO months since he stopped showering, sleeping in his bed, praying, leaving the house. I tried to push today since I'm cleaning or the holiday and he seemed very cooperative, but now he's not talking to us again. Btw, his birthday is April 24.

T.Anna

DS 14

I joined in a January- 2011.

I had been chelating heavy metals from my daughter doing weekend rounds of DMSA, guided and with a DAN! Doctor overseeing,

when in December 2010 we came off a weekend round into the

most incredible flair/regression I'd ever seen-

I believe the DMSA released a huge amount of bacteria into a PANS episode- (there was no illness caught at the same time)

I found the symptom list for PANDAS, read this forum, and found my people from the planet from which we came ;-)

Our DAN! at the time treated PANDAS, and off on that route we went.

Our first noted flare, that had sufficient symptoms for me to find out about PANDAS, was in Sept 2011. We saw the neuro 3 times and the psych twice between Sept and Dec 2011 before I found out about PANDAS. I discovered PANDAS on one of many sleepless nights through googling "nightmares + personality changes" in January. We started our journey in January simply because it worked out that way.

Our kiddo was born in February, and does not have a set schedule for seeing her pedi since she sees so many other docs through the year.

There were no vaccines related to our daughter's flare in Sept. 2011. My family does not get the flu vaccine. Her last vaccine was when she was 6. Retrospectively, she began exhibiting symptoms around 4 yrs old. Since she has so many other concomitant DXs, it is harder to pin down which is causing what sometimes.

She did have a sore throat that triggered the flare in Sept. 2011.

Hope this helps you pull together a theory. It would be great to see a compilation of our stories to look for similarities.

I've been meaning to note this for a while. I cannot run an actual statistical analysis of the forum but it seems that many of us have joined in January. I don't know what this means exactly.

My theory is that most kids being born in January, most parents take them to annual physicals during which they get vaccines.

Second theory has to do with the time of the year which is in the Northern hemisphere the time for most infections.

third idea is that our kids get their flu vaccines in the fall and it takes a while for parents to find the forum.

fourth theory is that this is just a coincidence.

Obviously people dealing with an autoimmune disease like PANDAS would be most vulnerable during cold and flu season, with January being the height of that. I'm sure birth month has nothing to do with it. More people are born in July/August/September than any other months. January is only the 7th most common birth month.

I think it relates to strep season more than anything. Dd was Dxd in January and had a massive case of strep. I haven't seen any correlation to timing with my kids in regards to vaccines. In our school strep notices mostly run from October -feb. there could be a psychological factor as well for parents. Part of the new year resolving to really search for answers. As an aside in Malcolm gladwells book outliers there are some interesting theories about birth timing and success, nothing to do with pandas though.