ACN Latitudes Forums

Mood and symptoms improve drastically after blood draw

I have not seen this with my kiddo, but here are two ACN threads about this subject that may help you piece things together.

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19736&st=0&p=154481&hl=blood%20draw&fromsearch=1entry154481

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7632&st=0&p=62077&hl=bloodletting&fromsearch=1entry62077

Edited by Mayzoo

It may be helpful to have your son tested for hemochromatosis, an iron metabolism disorder also known as 'iron overload' The treatment for this is simply to have blood drawn. People who are undiagnosed, and have hemochromatosis, report feeling better for 2 or 3 days after a blood draw. Most common among people of Irish ancestry.

It may be helpful to have your son tested for hemochromatosis, an iron metabolism disorder also known as 'iron overload' The treatment for this is simply to have blood drawn. People who are undiagnosed, and have hemochromatosis, report feeling better for 2 or 3 days after a blood draw. Most common among people of Irish ancestry.

Do they just test iron levels? Ours were low not high. I was actually thinking of this as we are Irish but his levels didn't seem concerning.

Do they just test iron levels? Ours were low not high. I was actually thinking of this as we are Irish but his levels didn't seem concerning.

This is a good description of testing for both genetic and secondary hemochromatosis: http://www.cdnhemochromatosis.ca/assets/pdf/hemochromatosis_diagnosis.pdf

Thanks may zoo and everyone for responding.

This is a good description of testing for both genetic and secondary hemochromatosis: http://www.cdnhemochromatosis.ca/assets/pdf/hemochromatosis_diagnosis.pdf

Our doctor just explained 2 possibilities: either relief of toxicity in the blood; or relief of iron levels (hemotchromatosis) in which therapeutic phlembotomy (or plasmapheresis) is sometimes used to relieve the symptoms. Also low iron levels do not exclude a person from hemochromatosis. He recommended the tests you posted. Thanks so much! It actually runs in our family through relatives, not immediate. He said Imagine how good the person might feel after a pint rather than just a moderate blood draw.

I think the first theory - relief of toxicity - also makes sense.

I notice every time my son has a relatively decent amount of blood drawn his mood and symptoms drastically improve. Does anyone else notice this reaction in their child? Has anyone ever explained why this may be?

Ooooh...I wonder if it's like "blood-letting?"

• 8 years later...

I understand this is an older thread, but i was wondering if you remember your child's symptoms before getting blood drawn? I've been seriously ill for over three months and felt really good after having my blood drawn, after the initial light headedness and heat in my chest that is.  I don't know what's wrong with me i have so many symptoms. I had covid last november felt fine for a few months afterwards but now this. So miserable, but don't want my illness past off as covid after effects until tested. And I haven't had anything tests  except blood tests done so far. My dr thinks its mostly in my head since i also have anxiety disorder even tho i tell her its not. I'm Trying to find out what's wrong with me.