ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. T's Suggested List of Tests For PANDAS?

I am new on here and am reading all of the posts and trying to absorb all of this information. I have an 8 year old daughter who has been newly diagnosed with PANDAS. We have been told by our Dr. (Dr. K) that he recommends IVIG for her after blood tests and one round of augmentum. We are in the process of submitting to our insurance and are waiting for the denial ;0)...sorry, but we are learning very quickly how much "on our own" we are in this fight to help our daughter! Anyway, after reading all of the threads on here, I am learning that it seems to be standard practice for PANDAS parents to have their child first tested by an immunologist before going through with the IVIG. I then found a thread on here where someone wrote that there was a list of tests out there suggested by Dr. T. I cannot find this list and am determined to obtain it before my daughter's apt. on Wed. with an immunologist who claims he works with PANDAS patients in our area. Can anyone please help?

Here is the RX list of Dr.T's blood tests. Please keep in mind that the majority of these tests need to be done at a Lab.

PLEASE DO ALL TESTS 1-20 (UNLESS CROSSED OUT)

1. ANTI-STREPTOLYSIN O TITERS

2. ANTl-DNaseB TITERS

3. STREPTOZYME

4. MYCOPLASMA PNEUMONIAE IgG and IgM

5. LYME WESTERN BLOT

6. IgG, IgA and IgM levels

7. IgE level

8. IgG SUBCLASSES: IgG1, IgG2, IgG3 and IgG4 (ALL 4 PLEASE)

9. FERRITIN

10. CERULOPLASMIN

11. VITAMIN D (25-OH)

12. PNEUMOCOCCAL ANTIVBODY PANEL (14 SEROTYPES)

13. CBC WITH DIFFERENTIAL AND PLATELETS

14. BABESIA, BARTONWELLA, ERLICHIA TITERS

15. FREE T3, FREE T4, TSH

16. ANA WITH REFLEX TO INDIVIDUAL TESTS (QUEST 19946 OR LANCORP 164863)

17. COXSACKIE A TITERS

18. EBV PANEL

19. HEMOGLOBIN A

20. COXSACKIE B TITERS

*DS 307.23

HTH,

T.Anna

I went to my immunologist and felt the visit was productive. He is a believer of PANDAS and although he is not extrememly knowledgable on the subject, he is willing to work with us and learn with us. I brought Dr. T's list and he went through it all with me and agreed that all the tests on the list were fair and ordered them all for my daughter. She had the bloodwork yesterday and we are now waiting for the results. Thank you guys for your help!