ACN Latitudes Forums

Dialted pupils - common symptoms in PANDAS kids in a flare?

for inflammation we use ibuprofen, ds had a steroid taper as well. liver needs to be monitored for a longer term use.

cbt seems to be very helpful for most kids. we find it not working DURING a flareup.

you are lucky that you found a psychiatrist willing to treat with abx.

I'm sorry I'm still new here and not hip with abreviations yet, what does cbt stand for?

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

No. I had finished the amixicillian and biaxin. When I tapered him off the tics came back even if the infection had cleared. I assumed that the problem was a lingering brain inflammation. Tried motrin and it worked very well so I started investigating stomach "safe" anti inflammatories and this one was a magic pill for my son. I would love to hear from other people that are using it. It is new and makes me nervous but it has been amazing for him. I cannot believe I am the only one. Please ask Dr T about it

I have been familiar with anatabloc for 9 months ot more and decided to try it a few months ago. While we experienced some relief (day 1 was a miracle) my child also suffered some really concerning side effects including heart pausing, difficulty breathing and numbness of body. It ended up being a drug interaction called Long QT delay where the heart cant keep up, most likely to ciprofloxin (although he was on both augmentin & cipro) Ive been meaning to connect with you. It definitely has its advantages but I learned a lot about dosing, etc and will start a new post so as not to hijack.

Wow wow wow! Sorry to hear that. How scary! Please let me know about your experiences with dosages. For us it has been a miracle cure and, again, we are off all meds right now but if he tics a bit he pops one in and it disappears. He had no drug interactions as he was not on anything else

My daughter's pupils were also dialated. We could hardly see her iris' any more. That was a year ago and she was very, very bad. After her IVIG with Dr.K. the first sign that she was starting to get better was that her pupils were a bit smaller. She has made a recovery and pupils are normal now. I am glad you are finding people to treat you child.

Excited to read about anatabloc and we may try that next. Prednisone give ds an instant holiday from ocd, anxiety, hyperactivity, lack of focus. Just as he got to the end of his taper, dh got norovirus and then 5 days later influenza B. So ds is right back in a flare up. So much for any lasting prednisone effect. However, since he does so well immediately while on the prednisone, it shows me the very clear role of inflammation.