ACN Latitudes Forums

Heading to Dr.J appt. tomorrow

Good morning folks

We are heading to our long awaited appt. with Dr. J tomorrow morning. I am feeling anxious about many things ..... We are coming from central NJ and have a 10 am appt. our plan is to leave here by 5 am so we miss rush hour traffic. It seems like it will be a 2.5 + hour ride barring any traffic. For any of you who have been .... Isntherenparking available?

We are also wondering whatbtomexpect in the appt. I expect that they will run labs on DD6 (PANDAS/Lyme/Bartonella). Unfortunately she is used to bloodwork now so I don't think it will be that traumatic. Will she get a full exam ? Hoping it all goes smoothly for us! Any words of wisdom from you folks that have been there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Teri

My advice is to speak clearly/loudly, he is a more seasoned fellow :) And just not to be surprised the office is sort of bare bones, not surprising as he has been drained by the case, just giving you the heads up on that.

Today his case is bing reviewed so positive vibes and thoughts to Dr J so this never happens to any of our doctors again. He is an amazing and caring doctor. My daughter spontaneously hugged him when we were there.

5 may be a bit early though traffic on 95 can get really bad. I think 6 would be safe for you. There is not really much to do in the immediate vicinty of his office. As Tamistwins wrote you will find a parking permit with your name taped to his door which you need to go back and put into the car.

After your visit you may want to post on the Lyme board for feedback. Good for you for taking this step to explore Lyme, i am not sure of your history but it seems to be a factor in many of the PANDAS kids and it is easily misdiagnosed/dismissed. Good luck

Hi Teri,

There is parking in the lot and you will need to get a paper from the office to put in your car window. Dr. J will give a full exam and if any lab work is necessary they will be able to put lidocaine to numb the area.

Good luck with your appointment!

My advice is to speak clearly/loudly, he is a more seasoned fellow :) And just not to be surprised the office is sort of bare bones, not surprising as he has been drained by the case, just giving you the heads up on that.

Today his case is bing reviewed so positive vibes and thoughts to Dr J so this never happens to any of our doctors again. He is an amazing and caring doctor. My daughter spontaneously hugged him when we were there.

5 may be a bit early though traffic on 95 can get really bad. I think 6 would be safe for you. There is not really much to do in the immediate vicinty of his office. As Tamistwins wrote you will find a parking permit with your name taped to his door which you need to go back and put into the car.

After your visit you may want to post on the Lyme board for feedback. Good for you for taking this step to explore Lyme, i am not sure of your history but it seems to be a factor in many of the PANDAS kids and it is easily misdiagnosed/dismissed. Good luck

Thanks for your reply! Will heed your advice about speaking clearly / loudly. Dd6 IGenex labs showed Lyme & Bart. In August. She was bitten by a deer tick in May 2012 and was already under treatment for PANDAS& on daily abx. It is clearly a factor in her healing so as per Dr.B's advice, we are going to address it. Hope it gets us on the right track. After a year plus on the PANDAS journey we are stumbling.

Teri, we were there last months for the first time. Totally agree with all the other comments. Only thing I would add is to write down any questions you have! It can get confusing and overwhelming. He is wonderful, I just wish he could clone himself. Please keep us posted!