ACN Latitudes Forums

omega's

We had a appt with our natropath yesterday so do some simple allergy testing, She just did one that worked on him holding the food or item and used a machine that detects vibration or something like that (i will be getting more in depth allergy testing done soon)

anyway she tested him on fish oil and he did react to it. So i'm glad that i took him off it after roughly 14 days a couple of weeks ago as i felt it really made his vocal tic worse.

My question is would it be likely that he would also react to flaxseed oil? I didn't have any with me to so she could test him but he has been on it for about a 14 days he has all these new tics i've never seen before, he has always been really mild in motor tics.

Do some kids have trouble with omega's in general? or should i try something else like Krill oil?

Edited by logismum

• 2 weeks later...

We had a appt with our natropath yesterday so do some simple allergy testing, She just did one that worked on him holding the food or item and used a machine that detects vibration or something like that (i will be getting more in depth allergy testing done soon)

anyway she tested him on fish oil and he did react to it. So i'm glad that i took him off it after roughly 14 days a couple of weeks ago as i felt it really made his vocal tic worse.

My question is would it be likely that he would also react to flaxseed oil? I didn't have any with me to so she could test him but he has been on it for about a 14 days he has all these new tics i've never seen before, he has always been really mild in motor tics.

Do some kids have trouble with omega's in general? or should i try something else like Krill oil?

Hi Logismum, would you explain more about the allergy test which your child has done? We have IgE test here which is to draw blood. I don't know how the allergy test you describe comparing to the IgE test? Thank you!

My son reacted to fish oil but not to flaxseed or plant based oils. I've also given him evening primrose oil at times for stress related stuff. Keep in mind, though, that everyone is different and you won't know until you try it for yourselves. I make a microwaved flaxseed 'cake'(with raisins, fruit, stevia, and egg) and make the whole family eat it for fiber benefits, etc and have seen no real good or bad reactions neurologically.