ACN Latitudes Forums

Can Epsom Salt Bath Help Calming?

Hi, I have been giving my son Epsom salt baths since he was 18 months, years before his tic if began (he is now 4, turning 5). How old is your child?

I usually put a cup of Epsom in his bath water at night before bed. As far as frequency, I usually give him a nightly Epsom as I was instructed by a doctor that but just recently someone else mentioned 3 times a week at most.

I definitely notice an improvement in him. Now my son is not hyper but he does have restless legs and twitches quite a bit during his sleep which the baths greatly help.

This is why we started in the first place.

Hope that helps!

My son has benefited greatly from Epsom Baths and still takes them.

Nightly when needed is fine, otherwise a few times a week.

The magnesium in the salts is a relaxant and of course also provides transdermal magnesium which people with TS seem to benefit from

The sulfate (sulphur) is a detox and has other health benefits too

Epsom bath seems to help calm tics and restlessness, and promote peaceful sleep

We use 2 cups epsom in a full tub of water, so 1 cup is best for a half tub.

When my son doesn't have time or inclination for a full soak, he uses his Homedic foot bath with 1/2 cup epsom and finds this very soothing

Hi, I have been giving my son Epsom salt baths since he was 18 months, years before his tic if began (he is now 4, turning 5). How old is your child?

I usually put a cup of Epsom in his bath water at night before bed. As far as frequency, I usually give him a nightly Epsom as I was instructed by a doctor that but just recently someone else mentioned 3 times a week at most.

I definitely notice an improvement in him. Now my son is not hyper but he does have restless legs and twitches quite a bit during his sleep which the baths greatly help.

This is why we started in the first place.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! This is helpful information, and I will have my child try that too.

My son has benefited greatly from Epsom Baths and still takes them.

Nightly when needed is fine, otherwise a few times a week.

The magnesium in the salts is a relaxant and of course also provides transdermal magnesium which people with TS seem to benefit from

The sulfate (sulphur) is a detox and has other health benefits too

Epsom bath seems to help calm tics and restlessness, and promote peaceful sleep

We use 2 cups epsom in a full tub of water, so 1 cup is best for a half tub.

When my son doesn't have time or inclination for a full soak, he uses his Homedic foot bath with 1/2 cup epsom and finds this very soothing

Thank you! This is helpful information. I didn't know the ingredient of the Epsom salt could be that useful. I will have my child to try it.

• 3 months later...