ACN Latitudes Forums

Strep Wwon't Clear

This feels like a silly question and one that I should know the answer to, but I want to make sure. My dd11 is the severely affected one out of my four children,but I suspect that at least 3 out of 4 have PANDAS. 4 out of 4 have Lyme. So here's the thing. My dd3 has had strep 3 times in the past 6 weeks. Or perhaps, it has just never cleared. This is what I think because she has continued to have a low-grade fever off and on whether on abx or not. I have seen what I believe to be OCD--wants to eat from a certai. Spoon. And if I convince her to take a bite off of another, she runs to the bathroom to spit it out and cries. Does this mean PANDAS if the strep won't clear, and what can I do to clear it? We have amoxicillin, cefdinir and now augmentin.

Of course, my dd11 is out of control right now, and my ds7 is, too, but I don't know if these only because of strep. My thinking is jumbled, I know. But our appt in north Texas is tomorrow!!!!!

We had to use Zithromax for 45 days straight to finally clear my daughter. Here is is her short history during the time she was positive for 60 days:

01/05/12

SX Went in for blood work, throat was red

DX Strep + rapid culture

TX Amox 500 bid x10d

01/15/12

SX follow up retest strep

DX + rapid strep test

TX Augmenting 1050mg bid x10d

01/24/12

SX Retest strep

DX + rapid strep test, PANDAS

TX Zithromax 250mg x 6 days

01/30/12

SX Retest strep

DX + rapid strep test, PANDAS

TX Zithromax 250 mg x30 days

02/29/12

SX Retest strep—Major improvement in SX

DX - rapid strep test

TX Zithromax 250 mg x30 days

Edited by Mayzoo

This feels like a silly question and one that I should know the answer to, but I want to make sure. My dd11 is the severely affected one out of my four children,but I suspect that at least 3 out of 4 have PANDAS. 4 out of 4 have Lyme. So here's the thing. My dd3 has had strep 3 times in the past 6 weeks. Or perhaps, it has just never cleared. This is what I think because she has continued to have a low-grade fever off and on whether on abx or not. I have seen what I believe to be OCD--wants to eat from a certai. Spoon. And if I convince her to take a bite off of another, she runs to the bathroom to spit it out and cries. Does this mean PANDAS if the strep won't clear, and what can I do to clear it? We have amoxicillin, cefdinir and now augmentin.

Of course, my dd11 is out of control right now, and my ds7 is, too, but I don't know if these only because of strep. My thinking is jumbled, I know. But our appt in north Texas is tomorrow!!!!!

If your child is not allergic to Penicillin....I would suggest a shot of Bicillin LA or CR. I have seen this knock out Strep when nothing else would.