ACN Latitudes Forums

Yeast and Clostridia

Hello

Need some advice. My son has been under treatment for 2 years 4 months and has had a tremendous amount of progress with Azith/Bactrim or Azith/omnicef, but we have a setback. He has clostridia and yeast and slightly elevated liver panel. Doctor says to use Nystatin instead of diflucan. He thinks diflucan is to blame so we have. We are giving nystatin 3 times a day per doctors orders going on two weeks but I can see yeast is back under nystatin. Diflucan was much better but I cannot give him that, so I need advice on diet and naturals.

My son cannot swallow pills he is 8 but refuses to swall pills so we use liquid and compounded liquid or powder for everything.

For yeast I use olive leaf extract liquid

Sach B

Probiotics multi strain

The treatment for clostridia is flagyl which also increases yeast. My poor son is in a viscious cycle. It was suggested that maybe hyperbarics would help. I don't want to do that though because he still has swollen lymph node behind right ear and pressurized oxygen can blow out an ear drum.

The clostridia/yeast problem is triggering OCD/PANS symptoms. OATS test shows yeast and clostridia. The first time he did the test 1 year ago the test was negative now its positivie. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

My DD is taking Tindamax, Amphotericin B, GSE, and SBC for C-Diff and it seems to be helping. We had to switch from Diflucan to Amphotericin B a couple of years ago due to elevated liver functions.

Edited by NancyD

My DD is taking Tindamax, Amphotericin B, GSE, and SBC for C-Diff and it seems to be helping. We had to switch from Diflucan to Amphotericin B a couple of years ago due to elevated liver functions.

Sorry - I seem to have lots of questions today. What is SBC? Who's OAT test did you run, and which specific test? Thanks so much.

Edited by rowingmom

Sorry, SBC is Saccharomyces boulardii capsules. We tested through metametrix.

Nancy

Sorry - I seem to have lots of questions today. What is SBC? Who's OAT test did you run, and which specific test? Thanks so much.

As you know, diflucan can be hard on the liver. I too think the switch to Nystatin was a good choice.

When you say the yeast is back perhaps it truly a flair from the die-off and the Nystatin is actually doing its job? We started treating yeast very aggressively with Nystatin right after Christmas. We had no physical signs of yeast previously and only positive comprehensive stool analysis that caused us to treat more aggressively. Once treating we had both white and black tongues, eczema/fungal out breaks (ring worm and one other unspecified fungus). I had no idea our family had such a yeast/fungal issue. AND, I was definitely chasing those rashes for 8 weeks. Finally, we have no obvious fungus or yeast. Couple of things did: We took much higher doses of nystatin with boluoke (due to possible yeast biofilms), we treated entire family for yeast per Dr. as it can be passed back and forth easily, we treated all rashes with probiotic cream and some type of anti-yeast/fungal mixed in and we also used homeopathy on top of Nystatin - Candidate. It took a while but household load is obviously way down.

Plenty of other good herbals like Nancy mentioned: GSE, Oil of Oregano, Garlic.

The oat test was thru Great Plains and the stool test was Doctors Data both kits were ordered by the dr. We tried Amphotericin but the liquid tastes like paint. Really awful. We are sticking it out with Nystatin and also removing sugar. No more GFCF french toast as that seems to be a trigger after eating.

SF mom I did not know yeast can be contagious. That is scary.

I'm so stressed with his health, the treatments are now part of the problem.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions we are doing most of them except homeopathy I will research some on homeopathy but I don't have a doc for that.

• 2 weeks later...

The oat test was thru Great Plains and the stool test was Doctors Data both kits were ordered by the dr. We tried Amphotericin but the liquid tastes like paint. Really awful. We are sticking it out with Nystatin and also removing sugar. No more GFCF french toast as that seems to be a trigger after eating.

SF mom I did not know yeast can be contagious. That is scary.

I'm so stressed with his health, the treatments are now part of the problem.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions we are doing most of them except homeopathy I will research some on homeopathy but I don't have a doc for that.

You can use Alinia for C- diff and lots of Probiotics. I probably would take a break from the antibx's to clear this up and regain some balance. Alinia can be pricey, you may want to contact a Pharmacy in Canada - run a google for one. If your insurance won't cover it. Probably a few months could help. Used to be they cost $1.50 a pill ( which you could crush and add to yogurt. You might want to use some liver support as well, Milk Thistle herb.

Are amphotericin B pills very big? I was reading this might be a good alternative. Also have you ever heard of Nizoral taken orally? I read about it in Dr. Crooks Yeast connection book just a bit ago. Going to ask the dr tomorrow but he will probably just agree. I am needing to switch docs cuz I am feeling like I do all the research and suggestions and he just writes the scripts. Sorry just venting on the last sentence.

Thanks for your feedback.

We have our Amphotericin B compounded into capsules since there are artificial dyes in the ones you get at the regular pharmacy. My DD cannot ingest any dyes as they make her anxiety worse and cause her to rage. The capsules are normal size -- not big, not small. I don't know about the ones with dyes in it. To an earlier comment you cannot get Alinia dye free, not even compounded. We had to use Tindamax (compounded) instead for C-dif.

Are amphotericin B pills very big? I was reading this might be a good alternative. Also have you ever heard of Nizoral taken orally? I read about it in Dr. Crooks Yeast connection book just a bit ago. Going to ask the dr tomorrow but he will probably just agree. I am needing to switch docs cuz I am feeling like I do all the research and suggestions and he just writes the scripts. Sorry just venting on the last sentence.

Thanks for your feedback.