ACN Latitudes Forums

Ticcing after starting a new abx

My DS 3 has just been put on Augmentin. It is 600mg, 1/2 tsp, 2x daily. It just started on Wednesday. Yesterday I noticed throat clearing, which he has never had. Today I still notice that, along with opening eyes wide, and sometimes opening his mouth while opening his eyes.

I'm guessing it could be a herx. Lyme and Co were negative through Clinical Labratories. But, we still need to do IgeneX, which we hope to do in the next two weeks.

If it is a herx, what should I be doing? I did give him some Children's Advil.

And if it is him not detoxing from the meds quickly enough, what can I do? I did give him a warm epsom salt bath earlier.

Desperate for some advice. Thank you.

Thanks for the advice ladies. He is just so young, 3 1/2, that I have a hard time deciphering who he REALLY is, know what I mean? He started with slight symptoms at 29 months old, after DD's onset. But the tics I know aren't "normal".

He was okay prior to starting abx. We put him on the Augmentin, due to a rash on his back, which Dr. B thinks could be impetigo. And for his emotional lability. I may see a slight change in his emotional lability, for the better.

I really think we are dealing with Lyme here. I just need to send out the IgeneX test. I just did one for my youngest DD, and it was pretty positive, and I believe she got it through breastmilk, as I just had a significant positive band. And he was breastfed as well. The neti pot sounds interesting Nancy. I will definitely have to look into that. Dr. B also says my oldest DD's sinuses looks slightly infected.

How do you dose magnesium?