ACN Latitudes Forums

IV antibiotics for your child

I was wondering if any of you have experience with this? Would you do it? Would you have concerns? And by IV abx I mean having a line inserted into your child for a period of time and administering abx this way... Not just an injection or one time thing in the doctors office. Thank you!

Our son had a port installed and did 6 months of IV abx tx. Now he is on a break doing natural abx for a while. You can pm me if you like. John L

I was wondering if any of you have experience with this? Would you do it? Would you have concerns? And by IV abx I mean having a line inserted into your child for a period of time and administering abx this way... Not just an injection or one time thing in the doctors office. Thank you!

I don't know if I am crazy or if I am right, DD has much much improved and I am hoping to take her off abx in a couple of months. I am considering a six week IV to blast out any of those little buggers that are left. This is sort of the opposite of what people do, usually doing it when a kid not improving. DD has some lingering symptoms that I think are Bart - foot sole pain, a couple of stretch marks but faded, legs go completely numb when sitting on them (nerve damage), and still some visual disturbances. From what I have heard anecdotally, almost every person treated for Lyme by an IDSA doc gets IV antibiotics. I just read how a baby born with HIV was cured by a treatment dose IV infusion right after being born. So I think there is a lot of merit to consdier IV. The risk that concerns me is infection...