ACN Latitudes Forums

belching a lot

jjl

Our son has lyme and co-infections and has been treated for 2.5 yrs with minimal success. He has several sx, but one sx, belching, has been getting worse over the last few months. I know that this can be a sx of lyme or general GI issues but I am wondering if any of you have seen this sx spike and what you have used to help reduce it. One potential reason for the increase is our start of biofilm protocols 5 months ago. I guess it's possible that breaking down the biofilm could release more bad bugs which can cause GI sx.

Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated. Thanks, John L

• 2 weeks later...

Our son has lyme and co-infections and has been treated for 2.5 yrs with minimal success. He has several sx, but one sx, belching, has been getting worse over the last few months. I know that this can be a sx of lyme or general GI issues but I am wondering if any of you have seen this sx spike and what you have used to help reduce it. One potential reason for the increase is our start of biofilm protocols 5 months ago. I guess it's possible that breaking down the biofilm could release more bad bugs which can cause GI sx.

Random question, but does he swallow air a lot as a habit??

Could this be a motor or vocal tic? Does he have any other OCD or ticcing symptoms? Have you asked him if he has any preminatory sensations preceeding the burp? Is it suggestible, meaning if you mention burping, does he then have to burp?

Being on abx, you are supplementing with probiotics to help prevent overgrowth of problematic bacteria?

Edited by rowingmom

Random question, but does he swallow air a lot as a habit??

It is mainly belching. Some times he does swallow air and sometimes not. Two yrs ago he was doing this, it was more air swallowing than belching and he was put on 4 cycles (4 months) of Mepron for Babesia. That helped, but it has come back. Like I said though, this time it is more belching, seems to be more of a GI issue than a Babesia issue. BTW, he has been on Alinia so maybe that is hitting the Babesia and we are seeing spin off sx from that.

Thank you for the question. John L

Could this be a motor or vocal tic? Does he have any other OCD or ticcing symptoms? Have you asked him if he has any preminatory sensations preceeding the burp? Is it suggestible, meaning if you mention burping, does he then have to burp?

Being on abx, you are supplementing with probiotics to help prevent overgrowth of problematic bacteria?

He does have some OCD, and maybe that is part of it, but the core issue really looks like a GI issue of some type. I say this because (sorry) it sounds like bubbles coming from the stomach and is odoress (sorry again).

As far as asking him, well he is minimally verbal with asd, so that is out. We do talk to him and ask him questions, but that is after he starts belching.

So, it is tought to figure things out when you can't communicate with him. That's why I am trying to see if others have dealt with this sx. Thanks for your insight. John L

My son was doing this a lot this year, off and on. It was not OCD or a Tic. It was under his breath per sa. I was concerned, because then they can get acid erosion from this constant burping/belching. I keep looking at the diet issues too. One thing is I cut down on sugary juices, as he seemed to be drinking a lot of it. So when he does get juice its cut 50- 50 with water. And I suspect it could have been yeast or parasites. I have him on Alinia and it maybe the one thing that has helped the belching. Thats the trouble when your doing so many things, you don't know what stopped the issue.

So those are 3 things to consider, is it diet, yeast or Parasites.

He does have some OCD, and maybe that is part of it, but the core issue really looks like a GI issue of some type. I say this because (sorry) it sounds like bubbles coming from the stomach and is odoress (sorry again).

As far as asking him, well he is minimally verbal with asd, so that is out. We do talk to him and ask him questions, but that is after he starts belching.

So, it is tought to figure things out when you can't communicate with him. That's why I am trying to see if others have dealt with this sx. Thanks for your insight. John L

My son had this and it was acid reflux. I think all the stuff he has to take to get well took a toll on GI tract. He loves pepcid and alka seltzer gold (gold version does not have aspirin). These two things give him relief and actually seem to calm down his anxiety.

My son was doing this a lot this year, off and on. It was not OCD or a Tic. It was under his breath per sa. I was concerned, because then they can get acid erosion from this constant burping/belching. I keep looking at the diet issues too. One thing is I cut down on sugary juices, as he seemed to be drinking a lot of it. So when he does get juice its cut 50- 50 with water. And I suspect it could have been yeast or parasites. I have him on Alinia and it maybe the one thing that has helped the belching. Thats the trouble when your doing so many things, you don't know what stopped the issue.

Not sure why the bubbling with belching. Yeast maybe? Can you discuss with the DR about this?

Are you still doing the biofilm protocol ( for 5 months?).

Thanks, we did try some baking soda and water and that seemed to help a little. John L

My son had this and it was acid reflux. I think all the stuff he has to take to get well took a toll on GI tract. He loves pepcid and alka seltzer gold (gold version does not have aspirin). These two things give him relief and actually seem to calm down his anxiety.

Not sure why the bubbling with belching. Yeast maybe? Can you discuss with the DR about this?

Are you still doing the biofilm protocol ( for 5 months?).

Allie, yes we are still doing the biofilm protocol, but the doctor is evaluating this. We were also doing Alinia. It very well could be yeast or with the biofilm busters it could be others things. Hoping for relief soon. John L