ACN Latitudes Forums

Multivitamin question

logismum

Hi

My son is currently on a multi-vitamin given to us by our Naturopath that we started seeing and i know there are lots of ingredients in it that have been talked about on the forum that can be a great help but just wondering if anyone who has more experience with this can see anything on the list that might be alarming?

http://www.bioconcepts.com.au/pdf/products/ORTHO/Cognisense.pdf

The adult dose is 10g a day, He is on 5g a day so is only getting half the qty's. I know he can have more magnesium that the 50mg he would be getting from this but don't want to give him the adult dose because i'm unsure on some of the other ingredients and the qty's for a child (he is 6.5)

Any thoughts or opinions on this product would be appreciated

Hi

it looks ok I think, but I have no idea what the last 3 ingredients are as I have not heard of those fruits?

But yes, more magnesium would be needed, especially if he has tested low on that or does in fact have TS

Thanks for your input :) I might ask her what those fruits are as i'm not sure either.

We have no diagnosis, Only told that when he was 4.5yrs he had mild anxiety with a tic disorder and to not be surprised if he he started vocals as well. Which he recently has at 6.5yrs. This then led to me researching and TS coming up A LOT then researching again for natural help and me feeling more positive which then led to a natropath and candida/leaky gut etc. Hoping to see a new paedatrician that is starting in our town soon but that could take forever and my gp isnt being real helpful :/ so i'm sticking with the help from our natropath (who bless her has worked with kids and adults who have had tics and ts)I don't want to sit back and do nothing.

Hi I'm new! Where can I find the cognisense vitamin? I would like to try it with my boys they both have Tourette's and I think this might help them.

Hi My2boys, I think you can only get it through a natropath or practioner but maybe try a google search and see if it's possible to get online. My son is now taking double dose (the adult dose) as i checked out all the safe mg levels etc and he isnt getting constipated. Good luck

Hi there have u found this vitamin has helped with ur son at all ? Thanks :)

Hi, He has only been on it about 3 weeks so i can't really say yet if it's helping tic wise. My boy doesn't have any major motor tics and is mostly vocal for the last couple of months since vocal started. The vitamin definitely has great things in it for the brain and is used a lot in downs syndrome kids as well as those with ADHD so it would probably be even better for those with TS+. The Natropath seems to think when we are about half way through the tub we should start seeing some difference in his general wellbeing. We are also dealing with Candida and leaky gut for him which also impacts his health.