ACN Latitudes Forums

Interesting effects after getting blood drawn

LindaMW

My husband and I found this very interesting and wondered if anyone else has even noticed this.

The last few days my son has been agitated, poor concentration, handwriting difficulty... Today the doctor ordered a whole load of blood work, lyme, aso titers, thyroid... This afternoon since the blood work, he has been a new child. The agitation has gone, he did his school work with no problem and I saw an improvment in his handwriting.

What could this mean? I think this is very significant in understanding this whole PANS problem. It almost seems like the same effective of IVIG, am I wrong in that connection? We have not done IVIG but from everything I have read I am just wondering, it seems very weird.

If anyone has any explainations or understanding, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks

:)

It happened once for my ds when he was about 9 and has a whole Ton of blood drawn. All his tics stopped for a few days. Only time ever.

There is something called therapeutic phlebotomy where for certain conditions they draw blood as a treatment plan bit I could never get anyone interested in pursuing this.

However he also had a lot drawn at age 11 and we did not see the same effect. But maybe it was a smaller percentage of his blood volume the second time

Thanks for the link to a previous post. I did research bloodletting.

I have been really trying to keep track of all the symptoms from the beginning (Oct. 2011). I now have about 13 pages in a word document with the various dates and symptoms. Trying to see any kind of pattern.

He had about 12 tubes of blood taken, almost passed out. He is only 10 1/2 and weighs about 68 lbs. I felt so bad for him, especially since he has been going through so much for so long. He did say he would not donate blood when he got older.

The frustrating part is these tests may come back negative, which has happened in the past, so we will still not have an answer as to what is causing all this. That happened on Wednesday and today is Friday and he has completely crashed again. So the effects were short lived, but I still think it is significant. We see our dr in about 2 weeks and I am definitely bringing it up.

:)

Yes, I noticed that thread before, very strange. I can think of any number of intriguing ways it MIGHT make sense, but don't know enough biology to be sure whether they hold up or not! Any of you (whether or not it helped) remember how much blood was taken, as against what age/weight? Interested to know what kind of amount we're talking about with this effect.

We have had this in the past. Not anymore though, lately we have the opposite issues with blood draws (causing symptoms).

edit- forgot to mention that when it did happen in the past, it wasn't permanent. Usually lasted a few days.

Edited by philamom