ACN Latitudes Forums

CAT Scan Results.

My regular doctor read them and he said there is not sinus infection. Hope he's right. ENT is on vacation. So why would antibiotics always give her a stuffy nose. I mean like cement up it. I am giving some probiotics for yeast??? Can't give a lot cause she gets violent with them. She did test possitive for mold and fungus on the MOAT test. Wonder if this has anything to do with it? Any suggestions?

Well.. no sinus infection is good news! Was the CT scan read by a radiologist? You should get the report. Sometimes they can see mucosal lining thickening consistent with allergy. Also, you can have a stuffy nose without having a sinus infection - that is what happens when most people get a cold or have nasal allergies. The question is why this happens with antibiotics. Is she having an allergic reaction to the antibiotics? Are the antibiotics increasing the fungus in her nasal passages? Lots of questions. Perhaps your ENT can help.

Probiotics for yeast will really only help the gut - they don't get into the blood and travel to the nose. Antifungal meds or an antifungal nasal rinse are probably your best bet, but I think you said before that she was on an antifungal - correct?

Well.. no sinus infection is good news! Was the CT scan read by a radiologist? You should get the report. Sometimes they can see mucosal lining thickening consistent with allergy. Also, you can have a stuffy nose without having a sinus infection - that is what happens when most people get a cold or have nasal allergies. The question is why this happens with antibiotics. Is she having an allergic reaction to the antibiotics? Are the antibiotics increasing the fungus in her nasal passages? Lots of questions. Perhaps your ENT can help.

Probiotics for yeast will really only help the gut - they don't get into the blood and travel to the nose. Antifungal meds or an antifungal nasal rinse are probably your best bet, but I think you said before that she was on an antifungal - correct?

What?! Are we reading the same studies? What are your references for "Probiotics for yeast will really only help the gut - they don't get into the blood and travel to the nose"? Many results show certain strains of probiotics and prebiotics helping in every corner of the body, so to speak, including nasal allergies, lung infections, skin eczema, brain hormone imbalances, blood pressure, you name it. For this particular question, I'd look into alternate causes of stuffy noses like non-allergic rhinitis and laryngeal reflux.

What?! Are we reading the same studies? What are your references for "Probiotics for yeast will really only help the gut - they don't get into the blood and travel to the nose"? Many results show certain strains of probiotics and prebiotics helping in every corner of the body, so to speak, including nasal allergies, lung infections, skin eczema, brain hormone imbalances, blood pressure, you name it. For this particular question, I'd look into alternate causes of stuffy noses like non-allergic rhinitis and laryngeal reflux.

Wow - not that I've seen or am aware of, so please post. I am 100% for probiotics and use them regularly but I was under the impression that probiotics do little for sinus fungus directly. I certainly understand indirect benefits in reducing gut inflammation, leaky gut, and reducing nasty stuff being spilled into the bloodstream.... but I was not aware that oral probiotics repopulated sinuses. I would love to see some studies. You can post here or pm me if you'd like. Thanks!