ACN Latitudes Forums

low wbc/absolute neutrophils - I've gotten myself into a worried s

Hopeny

DD was at LLMD and got bloodwork back from three weeks ago, her wbc and absolute neutrophils are low. She is on Rifampin/Zith for Bartonella, lyme, also has PANDAS, Mycoplasma. Well that was a mistake to do any internet reading because it has me freaked out. He did a stat test today to see where we are and figure out if we need to take her off meds, which will then be another issue in regards to strep. ugh. Anyone deal with this? Any recommendtaions or supps? Pending the outcome I will call our integrative too and maybe Dr. B. wbc 4.4 low range of 4.5-13.5, absolue neutrohils 1350, normal 1500-8000.

WBC count is just slightly low. Abx can suppress production of WBC. But I am wondering if the LLMD is considering Babesia? Babesia notoriously lowers WBC counts. Two clinical signs of Babesia on bloodwork are low WBC and elevated liver enzymes.

Edited by mdmom

WBC count is just slightly low. Abx can suppress production of WBC. But I am wondering if the LLMD is considering Babesia? Babesia notoriously lowers WBC counts. Two clinical signs of Babesia on bloodwork are low WBC and elevated liver enzymes.

I'm freaking myself out and probably just need to calm down. She doesn't seem to have any sign of babs, fevers, sweats, etc. She has tested + for ehrlicia, anaplasmosis, myco, rmsf and we are treating for Bart based on symptoms, stretch marks came out 4 days after staring RIfampin so I'm pretty confident she has that even though test was negative. Liver enzymes have been ok since Doxy, I remember them being mildly elevated we thought from ehrlicia, anaplasmosis. In my reading today it said > basophils amd eosinophils indicate parasitic infection and she is really at the bottom of the range for those. If she has Babs too I am going to go off the deep end :(. I will ask LLMD.

I just got the stat results and today she makes it in right at the low end of normal range which is a relief. But still curious to hear any suggestions/feedback. In addition to the abx I am using an herbal anti microbial Samento and NAC, should I back off?

Edited by Hopeny

This has been the story of my DD's blood tests for almost a year now. On and off low WBC and consistently out of range neutrophils. As mdmom said, the WBC count is just barely out of range. That cab be from recent viral exposure or abx usage. Same goes for neutrophils. And that can also signal other immune issues going on. It's my understanding that when a child's bloodwork is out of whack, it normally gets looked at under the microscope for irregular cells... Check with your pedi on that but unless you have other signs of seriious illness (anemia, weight loss) don't be too stressed! Good luck-

And enlarged spleen sometimes.