ACN Latitudes Forums

Alinia for Parasites

Has anyone treated Parasites with ( or heard of Alinia)? DD is allergic to Flagyl, so this was their next choice. She also has H Pylori. What would you treat first? I would think H Pylori. I don't know why... Anyway, I guess the usuall treatment is 3 days and the MD wants 14 days. Insurance with cover 3 days. Then it's $125/3day treatment after.

I (without MD advice)....I know shame on me...started her back on her Amoxicillin (since I had proof no C Diff) and also added in her Prevacid from her reflux days. This is the H Pylori treatment. I see a diminish (albeit slight....it's been 2 days) in OCD and anxiety. I was hoping to get a jump start on treatment...now they are treating Parasites first!! I don't want to tell him for fear of cutting me off. And I def don't want to stop any progression.. Any suggestions????

I tried calling Dr. T, but he is having a difficult time right now.. :(

Edited by JenniferG

Has anyone treated Parasites with ( or heard of Alinia)? DD is allergic to Flagyl, so this was their next choice. She also has H Pylori. What would you treat first? I would think H Pylori. I don't know why... Anyway, I guess the usuall treatment is 3 days and the MD wants 14 days. Insurance with cover 3 days. Then it's $125/3day treatment after.

I (without MD advice)....I know shame on me...started her back on her Amoxicillin (since I had proof no C Diff) and also added in her Prevacid from her reflux days. This is the H Pylori treatment. I see a diminish (albeit slight....it's been 2 days) in OCD and anxiety. I was hoping to get a jump start on treatment...now they are treating Parasites first!! I don't want to tell him for fear of cutting me off. And I def don't want to stop any progression.. Any suggestions????

You may want to post on the lyme form about the Alinia. I know its been mentioned before. Maybes SF Mom??

• 1 month later...

You may want to post on the lyme form about the Alinia. I know its been mentioned before. Maybes SF Mom??

You can order Alinia from Canada - usually each tablet is $1.50 a tablet - it may take a while to get it, they sometimes order from India

Google Pharmacies in Canada

C- diff?? lots and lots of Probioitcs seriously. Your child needs the alinia to help clear this up, not the antibx.

Allie