ACN Latitudes Forums

Biocompatible Dentistry

patty

Anyone out there have an alternative dentist that uses biocompatible materials, like nonmetal fillings and crown, nonmercury fillings.... ?

My son's 6.5 and one of his back molar is coming in, and our current dentist is recommending a Methacrylate sealant (UltraSeal XT) made by Ultradent Products, Inc. to seal the motor to prevent cavitiy.

Because of my son's tic, I am concern about metal & other toxic materials that can penetrate into his bloodstream. Although I am not sure if he is sensitive to heavy metal or other dental material like flouride, I am avoiding it to be safe until further testing thru NAET.

Back in 5/06, my son had one of his molars sealed using the above material. According to my journal, he didn't have an immediate increase in symptoms until about 4 days later, but I am not sure if it was due to the sealant.

Thx for your input.

Patty

Carolyn, Patty or anybody,

I have a question about medal sensitivity my son does not have cavities but will need braces some day.

I think he has an allergy to nickel because he breaks out with a rash with a belt that hits his stomach or chain around his neck I did not want to test for the allergy because they said it would be a patch he would have to have on his skin for a week with nickel on it. My question is if he is sensitive to nickel would the medal go through his skin with eyeglasses our a watch and what about spoons and such. Should he be eating with plastic?

Thank you so much. I so want to find something that will help him.

C.P.

CP,

How is your son doing with his vocal tic since your last initial post? I hope things are turning around. If so, will you elaborate on what you did.

Since most people with tics have underlying problem with metal, I have taken the measure to avoid heavy metal toxin. For example, we use stainless steel cookware, stoneware, glass & ceramic material. Since your son's allergic to nickle, I would definitely avoid it. As for silverware, unless it causes him discomfort, I would probably continue to use it, assuming it is stainless steel. As I understand it, the metal from stainless steel does not leach into food.

Patty

Patty,

Yes, I have an alternative dentist. I had my mercury fillings all removed and replaced with mercury free fillings over a year ago. I'm not for sure on the sealant options.

You can find a listing of these dentists here: http://www.iaomt.org//findmember.cfm?newsFlip=news

Carolyn

Thx Carolyn!

Patty

Patty,

Thanks for asking about my son. he has been on Risperdal for 3 weeks. 1 week no help at all, 2 week a little help with the vocal. It was just as loud as before with the meds, but not as often, thats not saying much since he would tic almost every second. Last 3 days it seems like its not helping at all anymore. The fact that a year has passed with no real results is what kills me.

One blessing is, so far he has had no side effects from the meds. Just a little tired.

We do the food sensitivity test Tues. I pray this will shed some light.

C.P.

C.P.,

I just wanted to warn you to be careful with the Risperdal for your son. Watch for Tardive dyskinesia. They can look like slow tic movements. Is your son on Vitamin E? Vitamin E is supposed to help reduce the risk of Tardive dyskinesia. Also Risperdal can also mess up hormones. It did mess with my hormones and I'm guessing it could also mess with male hormones except in a different way.

Let us know how the food sensitivities test comes out.

Carolyn

Patty,

It is not hard to find a 'normal' dentist who offers the composite fillings, which have equaled/surpassed the amalgams in strength/durability these days. A few phone calls would do the trick. On the other hand, removing amalgams takes specialization, as you need someone with the rubber dam and air filtration so that you don't get a heavy dose.

If your child ever has the need to have metals in his body removed, they typically want the amalgams out first as it will keep pulling the mercury from the amalgams.

CP,

My son had the WORSE sensitivity to metal when he had his braces. He would get the biggest cancer sores our orthodontist had ever seen. Once your child's permanent teeth are all in, Invisiline completely plastic braces (they are just like a night guard) might be an option. He had to use plastic utensils when he had his braces also.

I get horrible rashes from nickel and must wear sterling silver or 14K gold necklaces...

Claire

Claire,

Thanks for the info I will try plastic utensils just to see what happens. We have an old home with I think brass door knobs I can smell the medal on my hands after opening & closing our doors. I made some covers for them and that helped with the smell on my hands, but do you think the medal is still coming through? We thought about new knobs but our doors are a special size and we can't find a knob to fit, and we would have to special order new doors for every room, closet, ect.. $$$ Sometimes that smell happens with coins. Any thoughts about that?

C.P.

Claire,

Can you please clarify on the "Composit Filling"?

My son's dentist recommended using a plastic sealant (methacrylate) to seal his new molar to prevent cavity. It is not metal. However, I am wondering if the plastic material is safe or if it causes sensitivities in some people.

I am in the process of contacing a couple of alternative dentist to get their feedback on the material.

Thx!

Patty

I just wanted to mention that my mercury free dentist said it's good that I have the sealants on my molars. Everyone's different and I don't know the dangers of them. Anyways that's just what my dentist told me. There's a test out there that you can test for sensitivities of different dental materials. If your worried, maybe that would be the direction to go.

Carolyn

C.P.,

I just wanted to warn you to be careful with the Risperdal for your son. Watch for Tardive dyskinesia. They can look like slow tic movements. Is your son on Vitamin E? Vitamin E is supposed to help reduce the risk of Tardive dyskinesia. Also Risperdal can also mess up hormones. It did mess with my hormones and I'm guessing it could also mess with male hormones except in a different way.

Carolyn

Yes Risperdal, I'm afraid, almost killed my mother. It wasn't until I took her off it that she became well again. However, now she has permament Tardive Dyskinesia.

My sister-in -law is also on Risperdal. Though she seems to function with it OK .... she is very toxic. In my view, the drug caused toxicity to the liver that my mother could just not metabolize. I'd be very careful giving this to a child. Sorry, I don't mean to alarm you. Just keep the dose as low as possible. Any ONLY keep him on it if the results are truly worth it. If the results are minimal I would think twice.

This has just been my own personal experience. After preparing for my mother's death for weeks I finally decided to take her off risperdal. What was the point I thought she was dying? Within two days of taking her off she sat up!! I was shocked! I said, "Mom how do you feel?" And she said, "better." It was easy to put two and two together. She had suffered from Schizophrenia her whole life, which is why she was on the drug. Her personality changed dramatically on the drug. Granted the Schizophrenia subsided, but she never smiled again.

I took her off almost all sugar and changed her diet and she is doing remarkably well for 89 years young. There isn't a day that goes by that we don't laugh about something.

Sorry double post

Thank you Brie,

Do you mind me asking how long your mother was on the drug? Our son it to try it for 6 months.

thanks again C.P.

She was on it for a couple of years. Maybe longer. It might have been 3 or 4. I'd have to think about it. She's been off for several years and is doing terrific!

I just asked my mom. Neither one of us can be sure how long she was on Risperdal. Later we switched to Seroquel, which was horrible! She became obssessed with food. Then we switched to Xprexa at a very low dose. All and all she was on these medications about 4 years, I'd say. Finally, I said the heck with it. I'd rather you be hearing voices!! Just kidding.

I slowly weaned her off it, and the mental illness has never returned. I think it was mostly diet and because she came to live with me after everyone else died! There was no one else to take care of her.

Now she is such a blessing.