ACN Latitudes Forums

blood tests cd57 lymphs

mpsloan

DS6 saw llmd last week. I have blood results but have not reviewed them with llmd yet. I did go over them with new pediatricion today- however- he said check with llmd.

CD8-/cd57+Lymphs was low at 1.1 normal limits 2.0-17.0

Abs, CD8-CD57 Lymphs was low at 32 normal limits 60-360

Does this mean son definatly has lyme?

BUN was a little high 22 (5-18 norm)

Bun/creatinine Ratio 43 (9-27)

Vitamin D, 25-hydroxy was low at 18.9 (30.-100)

Vitamin B12 LOOKED OK 917 (Limits are 211-946)

Ped. ordered, abdominal sono, ct of sinus and chest xray the other day they came back normal. Last week when he ordered them sons liver and spleen were enlarged- today they seemed better and sono showed they were o.k. Perhaps they are better because son was on azithromyicin five days before he was able to get scans.

DS6 saw llmd last week. I have blood results but have not reviewed them with llmd yet. I did go over them with new pediatricion today- however- he said check with llmd.

CD8-/cd57+Lymphs was low at 1.1 normal limits 2.0-17.0

Abs, CD8-CD57 Lymphs was low at 32 normal limits 60-360

Does this mean son definatly has lyme?

BUN was a little high 22 (5-18 norm)

Bun/creatinine Ratio 43 (9-27)

Vitamin D, 25-hydroxy was low at 18.9 (30.-100)

Vitamin B12 LOOKED OK 917 (Limits are 211-946)

Ped. ordered, abdominal sono, ct of sinus and chest xray the other day they came back normal. Last week when he ordered them sons liver and spleen were enlarged- today they seemed better and sono showed they were o.k. Perhaps they are better because son was on azithromyicin five days before he was able to get scans.

I am sure folks on the lyme forum could answer this with great detail. My son was also low. He was 15 at the time of the blood draw. I was told that CD 57 is questionable in children, and is much more valid in adults. In our case, it was just one of several indicators of lyme/bart.

It's funny you ask this because we just had an appointment with Dr. jones this week. My daughter has/had Lyme (she was cdc positive, so it wasn't really debateable) and we had seen a local "LLMD" . He did the CD57 test but we never went back and I have never had her CD57/8 results interpreted by anyone yet. I asked Dr, Jones about it and he said said it was a garbage test! Basically that it means nothing in children.... You can have a 0 and be fine or a 2000 and be fine. Those were his exact words :) Not sure if you are familiar with Dr. jones but he has been treating kids wi th Lyme since the 60's and has literally treated thousands from every country around the world. In my opinion it's safe to say he knows more then anyone when it comes to kids and Lyme. Just my two cents!

It's funny you ask this because we just had an appointment with Dr. jones this week. My daughter has/had Lyme (she was cdc positive, so it wasn't really debateable) and we had seen a local "LLMD" . He did the CD57 test but we never went back and I have never had her CD57/8 results interpreted by anyone yet. I asked Dr, Jones about it and he said said it was a garbage test! Basically that it means nothing in children.... You can have a 0 and be fine or a 2000 and be fine. Those were his exact words :) Not sure if you are familiar with Dr. jones but he has been treating kids wi th Lyme since the 60's and has literally treated thousands from every country around the world. In my opinion it's safe to say he knows more then anyone when it comes to kids and Lyme. Just my two cents!

Thanks. It is soooo confusing!, Who do you trust? I am going to try to get back in with LLMD and discuss tests, usually he has patient wait to discuss tests at next appt (a month away). unless he feels that his recomended treatment should change. He put my son on amoxicillian prior to tests coming back, based on symtoms of pandas and dr. l report.