ACN Latitudes Forums

Suddenly Rude

T_Anna

DS 14 had been in a non functional flare since mid-December. He hasn't been in school since mid January and we are currently on Doxycycline, Azithromycin and steroid taper. I thought things were looking better last week as he would answer the phone and seemed to have a better attitude. Thursday night I skipped them1 (25g) Luvox SSRI. Friday morning he was fine, but Friday night he was restless, and manic. Today he was really (uncharacteristically) very rude to his father and I. Is that what getting activated in Luvox is like? Restless, manic, rude? Is that maybe the steroids? I'm not sure if I should give him another Luvox tonight or not.

Opinions?

T.Anna

Restless and rude could easily be from the steroid. Steroids definitely cause agitation, excitability and aggression in some people. It may even be the combo of the luvox and steroid together rather than just one or the other.

Good luck, call the doc and make sure he/she knows about both drugs in case they think it is a combo side effect.

He's in a better mood more of the time, but also a bit more manic. I just suggested he shower (it has been weeks) and he lay down again with his head under the covers. Really nervous about how I'm going to be able to get him out to Dr.T's tomorrow. He hasn't left the house since January 25!!

T.Anna

DS 14