ACN Latitudes Forums

Are there antibiotics without mold in them?

She tested possitve for mold and fungus awhile back, but the medication she was put on for it, did not help. We then went on to try the bactrim and doryx for lyme/bartonella and her now feels like their is cement in it (her words). Happens with all the antibiotics we try so far. I could never understand why and now I believe it is making fungal infection worse. Need antibiotic without mold in them.

Lilly,

I don't think the problem is mold in the antibiotics. I think the problem is that antibiotics kill the bacteria in the body - the good bacteria as well as the bad bacteria, and that leaves space in the body for yeast/fungus to move in. The yeast/fungus then become a problem.

Your child is on very strong antibiotics. Is she also doing probiotics? That will help to keep the bad yeast and fungus from overgrowing in her gut. Antifungal medications can help if you suspect fungus elsewhere, such as a fungal sinus infection. The problem with antifungals is that when you first start them you can get a herx reaction as the toxins die off, and you need to do something like charcoal or betonite clay to detox.

You might also want to avoid foods that tend to feed yeast, such as sugar and carbohydrates. This can be difficult because the kids really crave them when they have yeast overload.

Edited by kimballot

She had the MOAT test done with Great Plains Lab. Showed high in fungus. She also had an MRI done years ago, that showed sinus infection, that was never addressed. Doctors said it was nothing. Every time I put her on an antibiotic her nose gets filled with cement (so it feels like.) Probiotics do not seem to help. I am wracking my brains out trying to help this child and it came to me yesterday, that perhaps the fungal infection is in the sinuses, and being that the antibiotics are mold, they could be making her worse. I also read the followoing when I did a search on sinuses:

"My dd8 gets a sinus infection within 3 weeks of going off antibiotics. From what I have read, a lot of sinus infections are caused by fungus and not bacteria, so maybe the antibiotics caused the fungal overgrowth. My daughter never flares with these sinus infections, but her breath becomes horrid!"

Do you think I am onto something Kimballot? I made an appointiment with ENT for Tuesday, and I see Dr. B. at the end of February. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks

Just want to point a couple of things out if it helps. I think ds had yeast issues bc of all the antibiotic used. At the time he actually tested allergic to yeast!! His blood tests came up high for yeast also and this is when he was suffering greatly with not stop congestion/ sinus infections for months. Which what did they do but put him on more antibiotics for sinus infections and allergiest said he might have ashma and would not test him for food at the first meeting! He had mold, rAgeweed, pollen and all out door allergies and when I mentioned food she said no bc does not have ezema. Inhaler in hand and out the door. I think yeast was killing him. Like last mom mentioned we took the 28 foods he was sensitive to and yeast out of his diet. That helped a lot. No sinus infection since then going on 3 1/2 years. To this day he eats nothing with yeast in it. And no ashma!! Back In the days I didn't know about probiotics. But then he gets hit with strep and going with no antibiotics for 7 months or more and being put on them for twenty days just kills him. I think his gut gets messed up again and not knowing what is really in those antibiotics. His OCD and aniexty goes up and it's hard to get back on track after antibiotics. He does so much better when he does not have tk take them. I think everything is in the gut and I stay away from antibiotics like my life depends on it until its absolutely needed with strep and the 104 fever that won't go away after 4 days. One has to give in at times. Doctors drive me nuts and I still wonder what would of happened to ds if I just medicated him for months on end with singular which is what I was told to do! They just see a sinus infection or stuffy nose and throw any drug at you but I feel you have to dig deeper.

Mar

Made appointment with ENT and Dr. B.

There HAS to be more to this child. She is not getting better. It's going on way tooooooo long. The only thing left (I think) is this sinus infection that has me suspicious. She was treated for PANDAS with several different abtibiotics and steroids which were a disaster. The lyme treatment is not doing much either. Just have to hang onto "hope." Without it I am lost!!!!