ACN Latitudes Forums

DMPS IV-push

My son's doctor recently started my son on a DMPS/glutathione/phosphatidylcholine IV-push to help him eliminate heavy metals from lyme biotoxins. His doctor wants the IV-push to be done once a month. He said it would help my son heal much faster. He suggested the treatment because my son had started to regress some for the first time since being treated a year ago. So far, it appears that the IV-push is helping my son out of the regression. He has done very well today.

I was curious if there is anyone that has experience with the DMPS-IV push. Some things I have read about it are frightening, and I'm not happy that it is a drug, but so far it seems to be helping. Has anyone seen good results with this type of IV-push? Thanks!

Hi Christianmom,

Yes, I had IV-DMPS about 9 years ago. I was very ill, and a urine challenge showed off the charts mercury. It took many treatments, but I did get well. I don't remember all the details of the treatment, but here are a couple of important things to know. If your son has ANY amalgam (silver) fillings, he should not be doing any form of chelation. If this is the case, PLEASE stop treatment for now and have his fillings replaced with a non-metal alternative. You can PM for info about that. Also, IV-DMPS or any chelation can feed yeast and cause a flair. I ate a no-sugar diet during my treatment and this helped prevent yeast.

It sounds like he is doing well, so in all likelihood you have nothing to worry about. There are some scary things written about chelation, but if your doctor is experienced and careful, its safe. Have you read "Children with Starving Brains" by Jaquelyn McCandless? It goes into a lot of details about heavy metal poisoning and what it does to the body - I found it very helpful when I was going through chelation.

My son's doctor recently started my son on a DMPS/glutathione/phosphatidylcholine IV-push to help him eliminate heavy metals from lyme biotoxins. His doctor wants the IV-push to be done once a month. He said it would help my son heal much faster. He suggested the treatment because my son had started to regress some for the first time since being treated a year ago. So far, it appears that the IV-push is helping my son out of the regression. He has done very well today.

I was curious if there is anyone that has experience with the DMPS-IV push. Some things I have read about it are frightening, and I'm not happy that it is a drug, but so far it seems to be helping. Has anyone seen good results with this type of IV-push? Thanks!

can i ask what your thoughts are on the phosphatidylcholine portion of the push?

It sounds like he is doing well, so in all likelihood you have nothing to worry about. There are some scary things written about chelation, but if your doctor is experienced and careful, its safe. Have you read "Children with Starving Brains" by Jaquelyn McCandless? It goes into a lot of details about heavy metal poisoning and what it does to the body - I found it very helpful when I was going through chelation.

Thank you for your reply. Overall the IV-DMPS push had no affect on my son, so we made another visit to the doctor last week. He examined my son thoroughly and feels the regression is from bartonella biofilms. My son had been off antibiotics completely for almost a year (except for one short course for strep). Instead, he had been on the Klinghardt lyme cocktail. Because of my son's recent regression (he's was at about 80% and is at about 60% now), his doctor added Biaxin and mycobutin (basically rifampin) to his cocktail.

We added the Biaxin last Saturday and the mycobutin last night. He has had a good day today. We are hopeful. This is the first regression my son has had since we started his lyme treatment in January of 2012.