ACN Latitudes Forums

What's considered top detox when treating kpu

lismom

Started treating for kpu 5 days ago. I've since had to back down then off today. What would be the best detox for this possible metal dumping from treating kpu. Thanks, kathy

If you're sure it's metals and you're working with a doctor, look into DMSA, DMPS or EDTA, depending on the metal. If you're on your own, lots of people use chlorella or activated charcoal. I personally never saw great results from these but others have.

If you suspect mercury, don't use alpha lipoic acid. It can chelate mercury, but if there's more mercury in the body than in the CNS, ALA can cross the BBB and carry mercury with it - from the area of greater concentration to the area of less concentration. So if there's more in the body than in the brain, you could inadvertently chelate out of the body tissue and into the CNS.

Make sure you encourage BMs and drink plenty of water. Motrin or Enhansa can help with inflammation. Milk thistle helps detox the liver.

What are you using for KPU?

We did not have a significant metals problem but did have herxing when moving from one Core capsule up to two and then up to three. Backing down and then trying again in a few weeks helped. You could try a half dose per day or maybe one dose every other day to get started.

If go way down the metals road, Andy Cutler is the mercury chelation guru. He has very strong opinions on the right way (his way) and the wrong way (all other ways) of chelating. He has a yahoo support group and they are very passionate. I learned a lot from his book but then decided to take a different path. You may have a different experience if metals are a greater part of your problem.