ACN Latitudes Forums

Mercola article

mdmom

I know Mercola is controversial in the mainstream medical community, but this article is worth reading.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/29/genetically-engineered-flu-vaccine.aspx?e_cid=20130129_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130129

I was particularly struck by this part of the article:

Vaccine Damaged Child Awarded $1 Million

A lot of people still believe vaccines are safe, not realizing that children are being permanently harmed each and every day by mandated childhood vaccinations. Sadly, once that happens, the family is left ‘holding the bag,’ with no recourse.

In December last year, a family won a nearly $1 million settlement12 from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, but this is a rarity. Severe flaws in the system results in the majority of vaccine injured children not receiving any compensation at all for the harm inflicted on them. According to the court’s decision13:

“Petitioners alleged that as a result of “all the vaccinations administered to [Ryan] from March 25, 2003, through February 22, 2005, and more specifically, measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccinations administered to him on December 19, 2003 and May 10, 2004,” Ryan suffered “a severe and debilitating injury to his brain, described as Autism Spectrum Disorder (‘ASD’)...

Petitioners specifically asserted that Ryan “suffered a Vaccine Table Injury, namely, an encephalopathy” as a result of his receipt of the MMR vaccination on December 19, 2003. Id. In the alternative, petitioners asserted that “as a cumulative result of his receipt of each and every vaccination between March 25, 2003 and February 22, 2005, Ryan has suffered . . . neuroimmunologically mediated dysfunctions in the form of asthma and ASD.”

In this case, while the MMR vaccine was indicated as a possible culprit, the primary cause was believed to be the sheer number of vaccinations. The cumulative effect of multiple vaccinations simply cannot be underestimated, and now they’re asking you to vaccinate your children against the seasonal flu, each and every year, starting from the age of six months! And they’re recommending this without ANY proof whatsoever that this is indeed safe. Safety is “assumed.” Not tested and verified. Please do remember this.

One way to evaluate your child’s potential for vaccine damage is to get his or her gut flora checked prior to getting any vaccine. For more information about this novel but promising way to prevent vaccine damage, please see my interview with Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride.

I am a believer. I have a vaccine damaged son. Flumist did him in. I reported his reaction (pandas symptoms before I knew about pandas) to VAERS. If my pediatrician had done her due diligence, I might have had a case. Cant prove when you have no verifiable medical evidence like MRI, etc.....

I don't think all vaccines are created equally. The real problem, as I see it, is our collective ignorance on the influence of vaccines on gut flora, which is evidently a master regulator of early immunity.

Without considering evolution, it's a puzzle, but evolutionarily, it makes all kinds of sense.

In short, the bugs we've evolved with (helminths, bacteria, viruses in soil, water and animal feces) were copious and inescapable in human evolution. They've learned to turn down our immune system. In their absence, only our more aggressive immune cells are active, leading to allergies, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's and ulcerative colitis), many autoimmune diseases, and other chronic inflammatory conditions such as depression and (I'm betting) PITAND.

On the other hand, "epidemic" bugs like measles are evolutionary new-comers arriving only after humans reached a population density large enough to sustain their transmission (about 5,000 years ago). They are therefore less likely to regulate our immune responses.

The hygiene hypothesis, as it's known, has been revised and is now on the verge of being mainstream dogma. The amount of real nuts-and-bolts science on this topic is large and growing. Search pubmed for names like Graham Rook, Paolo Marticardi, Erica Von Mutius.

For a non-scientist's account see the excellent book "An Epidemic of Absence" by Moises Velasquez-Manoff. Also look for his articles in the NY Times, Salon, and elsewhere.