ACN Latitudes Forums

Severe unrelenting nausea

My daughter also has chronic nausea. In our situation I really think it is due to her lyme and bartonella. Here's why- In 2nd grade (b4 we knew about her tick borne infections) she missed four months of school due to GI issues (nausea,gerd, exc). She also was in a major pandas flare. That summer we found out she had lyme & bart. She was put on combo of abx. In third grade, while on the combo, she had no GI issues. Made it through the entire school year. In the first month of 4th grade we took her off off abx due to elevated liver functions and possibly drug induced lupus (which if she had, reversed itself). Her GI issues came back, pretty severe. Each month if got worse until we finally got her back on an abx last February. Since then she has chronic daily nausea, at times (esp with strep) increased. But, clearly for my daughter it is worse when off antibiotics which I assume is due to infection.

Yes, my daughter constantly complains that she feels like she is going to throw up. It was worse when she was in a flare, but even now when she is more stable she still has complaints almost daily. The complaints of the constant "tummy ache" have gotten better so I am hoping this will too.

Dedee