ACN Latitudes Forums

IV HD Vit C and IV mag sulfate....experiences?

My son is still doing well after his IVIG pre-infusion with this hydration. He had no side-effects from IVIG.

Also, my daughter had a similar cocktail last week at dr.'s office - 25 g Vitamin C + 400 mg mag sulfate + a bunch of B vitamins. She is no worse or better at the moment, so no herx with her either.

I was more concerned about giving mag sulfate, as many years ago I watched a friend with pre-term labor become delerious on it, but our home health nurse said that 400 mg of mag sulfate is a low dose compared to what they would give in hospitals for things like pre-term labor. Our nurse had never administered the mixture before my son and she was not at all concerned with the dosing.

Dr. R (well-known DAN!) developed this protocol.

Edited by mdmom

I've recently started b-12 shots 3 x weekly and IV Glutatione 2 x weekly. Since starting the Glutatione I've been getting flu-like symptoms every 3 to 4 days, body aches, chills and fever. Really stepping up detox is helping tremendously but there also seems to be an intense herx along with it. Thankfully, the flu-like symptoms only last 24 hours each time.

I think the IV C can act similarly and cause the body to really start detoxifying. Definitely talk with your Dr. but my guess its toxin dumping/herx.

Edited by SF Mom

I just got back from the Dr.'s and while in the lab getting infusion another patient was discussing how she didn't want to do the IV HD Vit. C today because it makes her herx so intensely. They decided to do IV amino acids instead. Hope that perspective gives you some comfort.

Edited by SF Mom