ACN Latitudes Forums

valtrex

lfran

I think we are about to start valtrex, due to some very high antibody levels on a couple of typical PANS viruses.

It's pretty expensive (almost $200). Side effects sound scary.

DS11 is MTHFR C677T homozygous. Doing pretty well, but would love to get to 95% or 100% :))

Can anyone post (or repost, cause I know there was a discussion a while ago) about Valtrex experiences.

Thanks!

My son has been on Valtrex for about 14 months. He has made huge gains on it. I've said this many times before, so forgive me for repeating myself - but he calls it the "magic blue pill." He himself could notice a difference in how he felt emotionally and physically after 1 month on it.

He took (2) 1gm pills/day for 1 year and we recently dropped to a maintenance dose of 1 pill/day.

My DD13, DH and I have all taken it long-term with no noticeable side effects.

Just wondering if others can chime in with dosages and kids' weights.

Thanks!

My son has been on Valtrex for about 14 months. He has made huge gains on it. I've said this many times before, so forgive me for repeating myself - but he calls it the "magic blue pill." He himself could notice a difference in how he felt emotionally and physically after 1 month on it.

He took (2) 1gm pills/day for 1 year and we recently dropped to a maintenance dose of 1 pill/day.

My DD13, DH and I have all taken it long-term with no noticeable side effects.

DS15 is 6'2" and 130 lbs and has taken 1 gm at breakfast and 1 gm at dinner. He now takes a maintenance dose of 1 gm at breakfast.

DD13 is 5'5" and 160 lbs. and takes 1 gm twice daily.

They have both also taken IV acyclovir (equivalent to oral Valtrex) for many months (alternating between oral and IV throughout the week) with no problems.